Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Us Bears Pennsylvania

That means that Bears and Rabbits don't always get along...  ;)

This is a message from Randy and Melanie's Bears...
Because of the approaching Easter holiday, we'd like to make it clear how we feel about certain sleights we Bears must endure, at the hands of rabbits, each year.

Let's start from the beginning.
What's the most important Teddy Bear holiday of the year?  Valentine's day!  Right?
Bears are all about love and friendship.   bear_wub  That's what Valentine's day is supposed to be about.  bear_wub
Let us tell you!  We Bears are straightening our bowties and fluffing our fur in preparation for the holiday!  We want to give big Bear hugs to all our humans.  Valentine's day is the perfect day for that!

Then come the rabbits...
Go to the stores.  Look at the Bear and doll shows.  Even look on this website.  You'll see plenty of rabbits.

Y'Know what?  We LIKE to share with the rabbits.  Bears are all about sharing too.
We are happy to share our big holiday with rabbits.  We think, "The more the merrier!"

But guess what?

Go look on the shelves of your favorite store on Easter!  You'll hardly find a single Bear!
That makes us sad  bear_cry and a little bit mad  bear_angry because we share our favorite holiday with them but they don't return the favor!

You can find plenty of rabbits on Valentine's day but, do you know how hard it is to find even ONE "Easter Bear?!"

It doesn't have to be a Bear wearing bunny ears.   (Yes, we think it's funny but the joke only carries us so far.)
How about a Bear with a flower print dress and a nice basket of jelly beans?  What about a Bear with a baby chick for a friend?  We bet there are hundreds of "Easter Bear" ideas out there if only you humans would step up and give us a hand!

We Bears would never really hurt a bunny but, sometimes, we think about pulling on a rabbit's tail when he's not looking, just to get back at them a little.

So, how about it, Bear makers?

Are you making any "Easter Bears" this year?
bear_cool

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Amy-s-show-1a.jpgHi there Us Bears ,

I did make an Easter inspired miniature this year - she is called Amy , and she has her own little duckling
who is 5/8th of an inch (1.5cm) tall  bear_happy I don't think she would agree to wearing bunny ears either .... she's a bit
proud ; because she was in this month's Collect It! magazine here in the UK - in fact it was a feature about spring / Easter bears !

:hug:  to you all ,

Ruth

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I am making an Easter basket for a silent auction.  My basket will not have the traditional bunny, but a bear.  I can't post pictures, because I don't have it finished (truth is I don't even have it started yet).  I do have the basket though.

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

WELL I'VE HEARD SOME THINGS IN MY TIME BUT THIS REALLY TAKES THE BISCUIT  bear_angry !!! MOANING ABOUT RABBITS SHARING VALENTINES !!!  bear_shocked

WELL I SAY RABBITS ONLY FOR EASTER AND NOTHING ELSE  bear_thumb (OK MAYBE THE ODD CHICK) bear_ermm ......BUT LETS GET THIS RIGHT BEARS HAVE IT THEIR WAY FOR MOST OF THE YEAR !! bear_angry
DO YOU EVER HEAR OF 'RABBIT SHOPS' OR 'RABBIT COMPETITIONS'......WILL A RABBIT EVER MAKE IT ONTO A PUBLICITY FLYER FOR A BEAR SHOW ...........................NO DON'T THINK SO !!! bear_tongue

RABBITS ARE FOR ALL YEAR ...BUT EASTER BELONGS TO THEM ...AND BEARS AREN'T  HAVING IT  !!!! bear_angry  GIVE THEM A BREAK .
BEARS CAN HAVE VALENTINES, BIRTHDAYS, CHRISTENINGS , CHRISTMAS...BUT NOT EASTER..

:dance:  :crackup:  :photo:  :clap:  :dance:  :hug:  :photo:

( This posting was produced in support of all the rabbit lovers in the world.No offence was meant and no bears were harmed in the making of this posting. )

FrizzyBear New York

bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

I love it!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bear_thumb  bear_thumb bear_thumb

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

You have started a HUGE debate Randy. While I fully agree that Bears rule the world and should be present in all festivites, A BUNNY,,,,, come on. They cute enough and all that, but everyone knows they don't lay eggs. Therefore (as my husband rightly stated) it should be an Easter Platypus..  I on the other hand vote for an Easter Ostrich.... Imaging the size of the eggs you would get then.... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Bears share.  Bunnies don't.

"The more the merrier!", we always say.
A lot of us Bears have pets.  Mostly ducks.  Some have sheep.  One of us has a pet hedgehog.

Yes, certainly, Easter is a bunny holiday...  After all, the Easter BUNNY is the mascott.  We think the Easter Bunny is great!  He brings chocolate.  Bears LOVE chocolate!

Weather Bears "rule", as you say, or not, we are pluralists.  Rabbits are monists.
Go to any Bear shop.  You'll find bunnies there.  We allow others to come and play any time they want.  We share our most favorite holiday.  Rabbits don't return the favor unless we put up a stink.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Most Easter Bunnies are chocolate!   
Bears rarely are.  And are most thankful they're not.
Just food for thought.  :crackup:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

ebjoke.png

Most Easter Bunnies are chocolate!

England
Website

L O L

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I WON'T BE SHOWING THAT PICTURE TO MY BUNNIES!!!!!!!
LOOKING FORWARD TO EASTER
SHELLY

PS .....AND WHERE ARE THE BUNNY EMOTICONS ?????????????? THAT'S SOMETHING ELSE !

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Okay...  This one is PG-13.  A little racy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYPSpXTL6po

See...  Bears and bunnies do get along sometimes!
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

England
Website

Well...................do we need more proof than that .......
All is well in bunny and teddy land........friends for ever ......and they do share
..it seems !!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Thank you guys for ending my afternoon with a big chuckle!!!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs,

Ellen

Us Bears Pennsylvania

In this Bear den the rule is "Don't Ask.  Don't Tell."

Board footer