Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

okameinko Posts: 1

Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum.
I have question about Airbrushing please.
I am using Dye-Na-Flow Silk Paint. it's easy to use, I like it very much,
but Black paint won't stay on the mohair (rub off very easily)
even after heat set.

Is there any black paint will not rub off?
do I have to wash mohair before I airbrush?
(I've tried this once but result was same)
do I need to air dry the paint before heat set?

Thank you very much.

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

hello okameinko bear_laugh
welcome to teddy talk. i am Medlyn, a twelve yr old girl who makes..what else? teddy bears. I suggest that if you are not coloring a large area of the fur that you use markers. For larger areas, air-brushing or dying is probably the best option. However, I have never tried air-brushing or dying, so I can not tell you anything that i know of experience. hope i was of help, even being a newbie. by the way, I would really like to see some of your bears. Please post some if possible. bear_original

teeeej Brisbane

I know nothing about Dye-na flow as I have never used them. I have used Createx Airbrush Colors in black and had no problems. Copic markers are really good for small areas as well.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Sometimes with dyes and paints people make the mistake  of putting it on too thickly.  bear_whistle  bear_whistle
Yup done it myself.
Remmber lightly lightly let it dry/heat set then do the next layer.  Slowly does it for a permanent setting.
Some even between layers once dry brush it out  to keep it soft and ensure it has set.
I know airbrushing is different but I know when painting it on you dip it in the paint and wipe it off until practically no more comes off then paint it on your bear.
good luck

Board footer