Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi guys

i'm googled out can anyone tell me where i can buy prisma markers in the uk (individual & packs). so i can order and get them sent to portugal. and what colours do you mainly use on your bears?

big hugs
susan

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I can't tell you where to buy them in the UK.  I buy them here at the art supply store.  I can tell you what colors I use. 
#200 Mocha Dark
204 Taupe
62 Sepia
172 Light Umber
199 Mocha Light
88 Dark Brown
201 Cinnamon Toast
95 Light Tan
90 Walnut
61 Dark Umber
93 Burnt Ochre
69 Goldenrod
and the most important of them all  121 Colorless blender, buy a couple.

Some are warm and some are cool, for me it matters when blending into the fur.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Susan, I don't know where to get them in the UK, either, but I order mine from Carpe Diem.   www.carpediemstore.com   They have the best price on them anywhere that I know of and the colors Joanne suggested are many of the ones I use most.  And she's right about the blender marker . . . get several.

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I'm not sure about Prisma Colours, But I buy Copic pens from here -

http://www.artifolk.co.uk/catalog/produ … htm?gid=41

They have an amazing choice of colours!!  bear_grin

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Guys
thanks for advice, are the copic as good? i have read so much its difficult. also bearbasics sell Touch Fabric Pens has anyone used these??

hugs susan

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I use the Touch fabric Pens Susan, they are great!  Quite strong colours, so I would advise using sparingly until you get the feel for them.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

great thanks  Paula for your help i think i will start with them and go from there.
thanks to everyone aswell
bearhugs
susan

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Wouldn't the Color Blenders tone down any of the stronger shades, to be more acceptable colors or more what you were looking for? Custom colors or blended shades of several colors?
That's always worked for me and the color blenders from Copic have worked on Prisma & vice versa....

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I agree Bobbie, if you want to use a blender they generally work well on other makes of fabric pen too.  It's always good to keep a blender or two in your pen collection, you never know when they might come in handy.

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Does anyone know the difference between Copic Ciao Marker Pens and Copic Original Markers? I know one is alot cheaper almost half the price, do you see much difference?

Richy~

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

good q's Richy i have just found these. also are the pens better than the pencils.(i.e prisma) i can get those ordered from uk.
its so difficut as you dont want to spend lots of cash and get it wrong.

susan

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have prisma pencils, they are like comparing apples to oranges when used on fabric.  They can be used on the fabric itself easy enough, but not really with the same results and the markers, and they fur, not so good.
Joanne

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thanks Elaine
do you use only the pencils and do you think they work well?  do you use markers?
i haven't sone any shading yet on my bears and wish to start but dont know what to try, what works better, so many choices.

thanks for your help i'm off to take alook now. by the way are you going to Hugglets this year.

bearhugs
susan

Board footer