Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I might try to download the trial version and see if I like it.
Jared

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thanks for all this info Shelli..I am having a ball playing with photoshop too...in fact if I'm not careful, I spend more time playing with that than I do working on my bears!
Two books I found extremely helful were "Photoshop 7.0 for Dummies" and Photo colour correction for Photoshop"..that's not the exact name but something similar. Both were available at our local library so there is no need to spend any money. The first one has tutorials on how to use all the basic tools you need and in dummy talk. This one gets my vote.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I am so envious...I wish I could spend the time on the computer learning to do all those awesome things...but it is not meant to be.   So...I'll just enjoy everyone elses wonderful creations....you lucky ducks!!!

bear_wub bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower Shelli, that collage is awesome! You're really good with the outline thingy. Now I understand what's meant by 'flattening' the layers, and why you can't change the pic after you flatten! My brain hurts.  :wacko:

Eileen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shelli

I just got the light tent today.......I can see a differance already!

Now I will be going back and rereading everything in the referance library about photo's....

There was a big dif between the two photos you just showed us, but i loved the face first....what a sweet sweet face that little girl has, and Lavendish is a wonderful name!!

Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, thanks Dilu; actually my retailer Wendy Collins in NH named MISS LAVENDISH. I loved it too!

The light tent is curative for so many photographic ails.  I'm glad to hear you're having fun with it.

bear_original

Polo, IL

season.jpgI couldn't resist posting this one.
I had to make one after seeing everyone else's.
Mom just finshed this bear and I took pictures.
Yule is headed off to Bear Paths in Ohio for their Christmas Internet Show.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, Jared!  What a great setting; so warm and cozy.  Really nice photo, and editing... and tell mom, great bear!  I'm going to be in the Old Fashioned Christmas show, too... if I can get my bears finished... aargh!...

bear_original

Polo, IL

Shelli - This is the bear I told you about the one with "Michelle Lamb" eyes. We'll see how he sells.

Deb Upstate New York

Wow!  I guess that IS a good reason to brush up on photo editing skills!  Thanks Shelli.

Board footer