Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I have a few more sewing machines I'm going to rehome.  I just listed one on ebay, but if there's something special you're looking for please let me know.  Be happy to match you with what you're looking for and I try and treat my bear artist friends extra special~!

Hope you're all ready for the fall weather and then the holidays!  Good heavens, but the kids are in school already.  I think this may have been my shortest summer ever! I feel like I played all summer like I was 12 again, although I had a bit more responsibility at home with Jeff being laid up with a bad knee.  All in all, it was a good summer.  Hope yours was as well!

Hugs to all
Cathy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … :MESELX:IT

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Great machine Cathy! bear_wub
Honestly I can't imagine getting a Featherweight from anyone but you. :)
Yours are perfect and you stand behind them as being the great machines you say they are.
I still have my last 2 from you in there shipping boxes!
Tomorrow Todd is going to get them out for me. Since I broke my finger I'm unable to get them out on my own. :)
I think this makes 7!!!  :redface:

Website

Ah Cyndee, it's official.  Like me, you've become addicted.  I'm sorry I can't help you.  I haven't been able to cure myself yet but if ever I hear of a Featherweight addiction cure, I'll be sure and let you know.  :crackup:   But then, how fun would that be?  Thanks so much.  I'm sorry you broke your finger!  How terrible.  Hang in there and take care.  :hug:

Hugs,
Cathy

NancyL123 Nancy's Menagerie
New York

I'm so excited, Cathy's picked out the perfect machine for me! I can't wait to see my new Featherweight...despite having a whole bunch of computerized sewing machines, none of them have ever had my heart beating as fast as the expectation of this new one!

Thank you so much for the personalized service Cathy!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Cathy,

Oooh, this has got me excited toooooooo!  I have often heard about your featherweights and have just popped onto your ebay listing and when I saw the little machine, my jaw dropped!!!!    I've got one and didn't realise!!!   :crackup:  :crackup:   bear_grin  bear_grin I looked at your wonderful photos and thought "that looks familiar" and realised that it was virtually the same as my Mum's old sewing machine which I used when I was a little girl and learnt all my sewing on!!!  It's a beautiful little machine.  So I hurriedly got the machine out and ooooooh, the wonderful smell from the machine in its case brought back a flood of lovely memories from when I was very young and used to sit and watch my Mum sewing away.   bear_wub

This little machine is a 222K I think (I've already popped it back in its case) and "discovering" this has made my day.  I looked at your photos and thought what a wonderful little machine it was and it took a few seconds for the penny to drop!!!  I'm like Nancy, have a computerised machine but they're not as good as the old ones!  All the attachments for this machine work like a dream and can do some pretty clever stuff!

Wow, I've a big smile on my face now!  bear_original  bear_original  Good luck with the listing and some lucky person is going to be extremely happy with their new machine.  I can see why you are crazy about them Cathy.  Shame you can't ship them to England!!!!

Hugs,

Marilyn bear_flower  bear_flower

Website

Thank you Nancy!

I'm always so pleased and relieved when someone nice and especially a nice bear artist gets one of my Featherweights!  It makes it so much easier to let them go.  I'll be getting her all packed up tonight and she'll be on her way tomorrow.   Would LOVE to get a photo of you with your Featherweight when it arrives.  Don't forget - any questions and I'm always here.

Bear Hugs,
Cathy

Website

MARILYN!!!  You have a rare and valuable Featherweight - one of the rarest!  Can you believe you had it all along and never knew it?  Oh my, but you must take that little gal out and use her.  Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.  The only thing different you need to remember is that your thread goes in the eye of the needle right to left, opposite of most sewing machines.  Good luck and good for you!  Have fun!
Hugs,
Cathy

Oh, and I can ship to England no problem  I've shipped to Japan with great success.  However, my UK friends would need to get a converter pluyg.

New York

Oh Marilyn, you are so lucky!!! I'm really happy for you to have made that discovery. I can just imagine how excited I would be if I were in your shoes!

I don't know if you'll get a photo of me with Marquesa when she arrives( there aren't many of them floating around, since I'm usually the photographer, but don't like photos taken of me much), but I promise I'll take a photo of her with the first bear I make with her to send you! I'm working on a pattern now especially for my new machine!!! bear_original

I do have a question though...what lubricant and oil do you recommend for the machine? I wanted to buy it before the machine arrives so I'm all ready for her  bear_original

Website

Dear Nancy,

I'll send along the oil for you in a great little bottle that as a long pullout brass spout.  No worries ;-) 

Hugs,
Cathy

New York

Thanks Cathy...am counting the days/hours/minutes bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Ooooooooo!!  Yippee skippee!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  I just won Cathy's Featherweight on eBay!  I'm so excited--I feel absolutely GIDDY! bear_tongue  bear_wub  bear_tongue  bear_wub  bear_tongue
Cheryl

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Congratulations Cheryl!!!  :clap:
You will love it!! bear_wub
I have 7 of Cathy's Featherweights now and I am completely satisfied with each and every one of them! bear_wub
Enjoy yours! bear_original

New York

Good for you Cheryl!!!

I just got mine from Cathy on Friday, and I love my new baby! I haven't had a chance to play with it too much yet, but I did stitch a little with it today, and it's does it beautifully, and quietly bear_original

Website

Dear Cheryl

Hooray!  I just got home from a dinner party and checked this email before I even saw the eBay listing and learned you won.  That's terrific!  I am so excited for you and promise to take great care in packing and getting it to you safely.  Thank you Cyndee and Nancy so much - what an honor to help you get your Featherweights!  I'm just so tickled you're all so pleased.  I'm entertaining guests this weekend so I haven't been able to monitor my emails and auction like usual.  What a lovely surprise!

Hugs,
Cathy

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks, everyone!  I'm so excited that I'm still beaming!
Cheryl

Board footer