Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

DCP01955.jpgHi all,

I have a question? My Mom got a great deal on a 1928 singer sewing machine at an estate sale today. My question is does anyone know where I can find a few parts and the manual. It is model number 66. It has been mounted in a cabinet and has the knee pedal. I just really need the bobbin case and the plate that goes over the top.

Also does anyone use this type of machine and how does it sew for making your bears?

Thanks,
Sheryl

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Sheryl . . . go to  http://parts.singerco.com/  and see if they have the parts you need.  Mouse over  'Consumer Products' and it lists the categories.  They also have some manuals for the old machines.  You can also find lots of old parts and manuals on ebay.  Or just google "Singer sewing machine parts/manuals".

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Cheryl,
If you are still in need of some help Cathy Forcino might even know some people and or have parts herself. She has a wonderful collection of Featherweights and they are her specialty but she just might be able to help you.
Here is one of her resent threads. You can email her though it.
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=32204
Best of luck. Wonderful find your Mother made! bear_original

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Hi Sheryl,

You can download a free copy of the owner's manual for your treadle model 66 on this link:
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html
As far as the other parts, you would do best to Google your model number and then "parts" to find what you need.  I wish I could help you more here, but other than the Featherweight and an occasional 301 I am not up on the other models.  Hope you get it working - good luck!

Hugs,
Cathy

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

DCP01953.jpgThanks Ladies for all of your help.

I did find the plate, bobbins and light cover in the cabinet draw on the left side. So the only thing that needs to be replaced is the rubber ring for the bobbin winder. I will search a little more on where to find one of them.

Other than that I do know the machine works and I am dying to try it out on a new bear.

I have posted another photo of the machine and cabinet it is in. It is not a treadle machine but works with the knee pedal. The cabinet itself is quite old, but I am not sure what type of wood it is.

Anyway if any one has ever used this model let me know.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Sheryl

Board footer