Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hi folks,
I'm not new to Teddy talk thought I haven't been here in forever I think I have let at least a year pass by since I have shown my face (haven't made a bear in so long but thinking it's time to pick up the mohair). 

Anywho the reason for my visit, I had the strangest email and I knew if anyone could answers my ? it would be you guys.  I just got an email looking for love and not bears sent through this site or so the sender would have me believe looked teddy talk official but when I headed into my messages on this site no email from this person.  Just wondering if this is a new thing since I have been away for so long not sure if this has been going around and I'm just the last one on the boat to get this kind of email.  Has anyone else gotten solicited for non bear related stuff through teddy talk.  I just deleted the message but I would hate to think some wacko is using Teddy Talk to push their perversions. Looked up to see if I could find the sender in the members list and you guessed it no such luck.  I'm chalking this up as just another scam and unfortunately Teddy Talk is the venue in which this person is using to get to people.

Thanks so much for your time
Deborah Bearhaven Bears

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Hi Deborah,
I haven't gotten any such thing and I am on TT fairly frequently - haven't heard of anyone else mentioning it either so I have no idea how it happened - but you're right it must have been some kind of scam - wierd how they could send it through TT though????

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A spammer signed up yesterday and spammed the private messaging system. The activity was detected/reported to TT immediately. All private messages sent by this account along with the account were deleted. If you received an email notification of a private message at TT, please discard. We will look into safeguarding this feature.

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

I got that email too.
Thank you for removing him QUY!

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

YES, Me Too!  I got the email saying there was a private massage for me on TT.
The only good thing to come out of this spam is that I got back on the site after a couple of months. I enjoyed all the great bears... You guys are so darn good...

I haven't been on the site much this summer as I have been up to my neck in renovating furniture, and painting about 100 miles of old pine Ikea shelving.  Now I'm playing catch up on my teddy bear projects before heading for our winter home in Florida at the end of the month.
We're stopping in Baltimore on the way to Sarasota to do the Hunt Valley Christmas show on November 1st. I hope to see some of you there and at the Brighstar show in Tampa in February.  Please look me up if you're there. 

ave a great Holiday Season.  I hope to get back on TT soon to show off some of my new stuff.
Hugs
Gail
Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hey Bearbottomsbears I guess you and I where brought back here for a reason and if it took spam to get us here than Yahoo to spam.  I plan on dropping by more often seeing all these wonderful bears makes me realize just how much I miss the bear community.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone all over again.
Hugs Deborah

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Yes, I received the same message.  I haven't been here for a while either, so it was kind of a wake up moment.  Life is just so busy.
Going to Hugglets in February and attending University in evening has me totalling occupied.  Hope to be here more often now!

hugs
carola

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hey Deborah!
     You're just so darn cute, they couldn't resist LOL!  I just found out from Karen that you are back from BC.  I'd love a chat -  PM me or email me when a good time is.  Maybe Thursday?  Hope to talk to you soon.

hugs,

Brenda

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Oh Brendy your so silly bear_wub

I have an electrician coming Thursday, house was hit by lighting blew tons of stuff, hmmmm :twisted:  my way of getting new toys. I will be stuck at home so the interruption would be nice so looks like we have a date the usual time? I just might have to drop the phone a few times
Hugs Deb

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I'm another one that hasn't been on here in a long time and just got that spam email. I never understand what drives these people as nothing good can come from it.

Anywho, nice to see some familiar names and all the wonderful creations. I've turned to knitting and only now and then do I make a bear, and then usually in crochet.  bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Deb,
     Yay, it's a date then!  Hope your new computer and stuff was okay?  I'll call you about two o'clock?  It will be nice to catch up - looking forward to it.

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yes, I got this too.
Many thanks Quy for sorting this out.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Deborah I love your artwork- the fairy is exquisite!!! Do you sell it anywhere?
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Me too - I got one of those email's and it got kicked in to cyberspace quick smart!  :twisted:

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hi Gail
Thank you so much for noticing, I just added one of my bears to Cicely Mary Barkers fairies she is a cutie isn't she. 

I do have an etsy shop but sell mostly my altered pendants and bears when I make them.  I have sold some mixed media stuff but I mostly trade that kind of art with the few mail art groups I belong to. If you click the website link on my avatar it should take you to my etsy shop, and of course there is my blog I have some of my mixed media projects that I have traded on that.
Thanks again
Hugs Deborah

Board footer