Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

dubby.jpgThis is Dubby, my first fur bear made from my own pattern.  I still have a way to go before I will get this design the way I want it but I think he turned out well considering it's only the second "stage" of the pattern.
He is up for adoption and I have more photos on my blog.
Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any helpful hints!  bear_original   
Diana

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

Dubby is just wonderful Hugs Lynne xx  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I love Dubby's head! (Don't tweak that part of your design too much  bear_grin )

Is that a synthetic plush fur, or something else? (It looks quite dense, and not exactly easy to sew. Well-done!)

Becky

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Diana, I really like the large pawpads on your bear, and his large body shape too !!!   He turned out fantastic for only the 2nd stage.  You are doing great !  :clap:

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone!
Becky, the fur is synthetic and it wasn't so much very dense as it was long and wavy. It was terrible trying to keep it all out of my seams!   bear_wacko 
Tammy, it's funny you mentioned that about the paw pads. I was worried about them being too big, especially on the fore paws.  bear_tongue  But I do like the big rear paws!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

The large paws would be great too if you ever decided to do sculpted toes  !  Forgot to mention the great nose.  I still hate doing that part LOL.

Board footer