Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

In the Alice!  We have just had more than last year's total rainfall in the last 24 hours and it is wonderful.  People are smiling at each other and no gloom although the day itself looks gloomy!  Hurray for rain!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Wow! and no flooding?
That's great!
I grew up living at the beach and have been in the Inland Empire for the last 20 years. Very dry!!!
I long for the coast!!!
Hopefully soon I will return!
Enjoy your rain Clare!!!!:)

puca bears puca bears

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!  And here's me thinking that the Alice would be a nice, hot and DRY place to eventually retire to................
Seriously tho - I visited Alice Springs many moons ago........great place! And I'm not surprised you are all enjoying the rain :dance:  :dance:
huggies
Maria (languishing in a "winter wonderland")

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Yeah!  Glad for you...we have snow!  I am so happy...we had a little on Christmas but this is a real snow...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

:dance: Enjoy!  :dance:

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Enjoy your rain.  I know, living in the desert of Arizona USA, we love the rain.  We only get about 6 inches a year  in the part where I live.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Clare

Down the eastern seaboard we have had plenty of rain this Xmas season often wished we could send it to you all out there even having said that we are still on water restrictions have been for years ain't that Aussie for ya! Go stand in it and get wet enjoy  :hug:  :hug:

Raewyn

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

We went exploring today - the river which is normally a dry sandy bed is a raging torrent.  We went several places to check out the rain - in one area the major highway had water over it for almost a kilometre  and it was around 700mm deep.  Traffic was banked up both sides and a cricket match was taking place in the middle of the highway!  Then we went to our favourite claypan to see haw it had fared and got totally, hopelessly bogged.  Thank heavens for friends and snatch straps!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

It's still raining Clare? bear_wacko
Wow if that happened here we would have horrible mudslides. But that's because of all the fires we have.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Heh, I'm loving the idea of a cricket match in the middle of the highway  bear_grin   Glad you got out of the claypan okay

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Clarebear wrote:

Then we went to our favourite claypan to see haw it had fared and got totally, hopelessly bogged.  Thank heavens for friends and snatch straps!

Claypan??  Snatch straps??  I'm gonna have to google those two words to see what you were doing, Clare.  Too bad you can't stretch the rain out over the span of a year, or so.

puca bears puca bears

can we expect news of a REAL Henley on Todd regatta?????

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs
puca bears wrote:

can we expect news of a REAL Henley on Todd regatta?????

Sounds good but that is 9 months away yet and already the river is back to a trickle!

Board footer