Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Elaine1 Stavert Bears

What is the best way to market bears?  I have been looking at various sites e.g. BEAR PILE and WHOS WHO IN BEAR MAKING.  Is it worth subscribing to these sites or are bear fairs the best way?
What do other members think?  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

In my particular experience, bear shows were, by far, the best way to sell.  I also think advertising in the bear magazines helped sales.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

Elaine,

Since there aren't any bear shows/fairs in or around the area I live (Tennessee) I have never been able to attend one.   bear_sad   I have found that you have to find creative ways to get your name out there if that is the case.  I have to say that BearPile has been the biggest success for me.  I have only had my bears listed there since October and I am so pleased with the traffic that I get.  I wish that I would have given up on EBay a long time ago and given BearPile a try early on.  I have also tried Etsy but I feel like my bears get shuffled in with jewelry and handbags and I don't get the exposure I would like to on there.  I also feel that listing bears on Etsy is kind of a chore compared to the ease of BearPile. 

Blogging is another way to get people to look at your bears.  I am getting a lot better at doing this and freewebs shows me how many people have been on my blog every day and where they are from and how long they are on there. 

Like SueAnn state above, magazine ads/articles always  grab my attention and advertising in one is a goal of mine this year.   bear_tongue

The ladies and gents on here are also a great source of info! bear_flower

Good luck!

Board footer