Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Hey people

Rinn posted a topic that has been touched on a few times and I noticed that Therese and Katy posted a good responses.

Here's a good tutorial with lots of photos... http://www.monicasattictreasures.com.au … orial.html

Check out Monica's other tutorials as well. lots of good photos. 

---
Therese

There's also a class at E-Bearz University on this: http://www.kranbearys.com/Ebearz/Bears/Extreme.htm
Hugs

Katy (The Littlest Thistle)

I guess I was wondering are there any other good all-round tutorials that any other people recommend? Free or subscription.

please post.

I know I like to gather ideas on different techniques and some I hadn't even realized existed lol.

Thank you lovely ladies for posting these tutorials so far.

Do any people offer tutorials? I know I wouldn't mind doing some... I live in Tasmania, Australia and haven't found any intermediate to advanced courses.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have a tutorials page on my website.  They first go on the blog, then I move them there.  Some are more in depth than others.  It is an ongoing thing.
Joanne

http://desertmountainbear.com/tutorials.php

Rinn Posts: 22
Rinn wrote:

Being so new to bear making I have NO IDEA where to even START looking.  These links have given me a heap of inspiration, but also a realisation that there is so much information, coaching and guidance out there that I had no idea was available, and have no idea how to find it.  Im hoping that hanging around here I will be privy to a lot more of these helpful links (-:

Thanks again!!

Thought I should echo this over here.

I will be stalking this thread with great interest  bear_flower

The club which I have joined, which is getting me my start in bear making, you get a new pattern every month (from Miniatures to Mohair to Mink bears) with tips and tricks, step by step guides with lots of photos, tools of the trade and loads of ideas, options and techniques.

There are tutorials each month and topics covered include shading, open mouths, raised paw pads, sculpting, clothes, adding character to your bear, noses, clay and thread covered, vintage bears, eyes with lashes, miniatures and much much more including a bumper mink issue.  The tutorials are very well explained with detailed photos.

A new workshop every month, in my home, whenever it suits me!  (Which is just perfect for me with my two very beautiful but energetic girls of 2 yrs 4ths and 11mths  bear_wub  )

Here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bare-Designs-Clu … 4498wt_966

Cant wait to see what others have saved in their favourites!

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Thank you Joanne this is exactly the sort of things I'm after. I would love to list all the ones everyone knows about. SO if anyone knows any more please post them.
Thank you
bear_grin

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Where in Tas do you live Sherroy? I'm up near Launceston, I travel all over the world giving workshops, don't know if they would interest you or not. Perhaps I'll be doing one near you sometime, I've just started doing them in Tas again after many years. I teach all sorts of advanced bear making skills, if you want take a look at my Blog and you'll see the sort of things I do.  bear_original

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Linda I live in Launceston. lol yea I reckon I would be interested in doing something like that. When do you run the next one? and what are the details?

teeeej Brisbane

I also have joined the Bare Cub Designs Club. I even get to do a workshop with Helen of Bare Cubs in March!!!  bear_wub

----
Therese

Edit: I highly recommend Linda's workshops.  bear_thumb

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Sherroy, I'm trying to tee something up for in a couple of months. I was contacted by someone in Lonny and she's going to get back to me. I'll let you know when it's a goer  bear_original

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I see you've already found some great tutorials!  Becky has asked me to pop in and share the link to the tutorials on my blog ... they are easy to follow and are aimed at covering a few of the basics for new bear makers.

http://allbear.blogspot.com/search/label/tips

kynthia Posts: 140

i'm in the Bare Cub Designs Club too!  bear_grin

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
All Bear wrote:

Becky has asked me to pop in and share the link to the tutorials on my blog

Thank you, Paula! The tutorials you've done are nicely explained and beautifully photographed.  bear_original

Becky

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Thank you for more links. The more the merrier. From starting out to the more advanced techniques these are fabulous and I know I will save these links, I have them book marked as we speak/type lol.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I just added Pulling toes to the blog
Joanne

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
dangerbears wrote:
All Bear wrote:

Becky has asked me to pop in and share the link to the tutorials on my blog

Thank you, Paula! The tutorials you've done are nicely explained and beautifully photographed.  bear_original

Becky

Thanks Becky!  I'm really pleased you enjoyed them. bear_thumb

Board footer