Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I am about to embark on a 22inch bear for my Godson for his 21st.  The idea is that I will give him a photo of himself at 5 days old wearing a particular outfit.  Then I make the bear and dress it in the same outfit thing is I need to know how to 'widen' the shoulder area so that the shirt fits well (altering the shirt is the easy way out but I really don't want to do that for sentimental reasons) I don't want the bear to endup looking like a quarterback either.  I want the bear to look like a bear with a shirt on.  Hope this makes sense!  By the way my usual bears are under 6 inches so this is a daunting prospect!  May even have to resort to the sewing machine aaarrgghh!!

tindlebears Tindle Bears
Xenia, ohio

maybe add a dart on the outside of the arm at the top of the shoulder?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I found when making my gran's Christmas bear, with an entirely new pattern for me, that quite a deep dart at the top of the body gave me nice wide shoulders

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Clare,
Do you use a 4 piece of 2 piece body?  If you use a 2 piece a dart at the top would be the way to create more of a shoulder.  However, be sure to adjust the length of the body to accommodate.

Good luck.  I look forward to seeing the finished bear. 

Hugs,
Alison

Board footer