Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Mowfi Newcastle, Tyne and Wear

can anyone help me with either finding a simple pattern for a kneeling bear or maybe give me some advice on how to adapt a pattern accordingly

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Would putting a 90 degree bend in the leg not work for you?  Or maybe a little more than that to get the feet in?

well im kind of a newbie at this, but i guess i will never know unless i try x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Ah, right.  Well I have a bear that's lying down with bent legs, and just finished the pattern for another that will sit with her legs bent, and that's pretty much all I did.  Here's a photo of Maisey, the lying down one, to give you an idea.

Maisey-1.jpg

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I would draw the pattern with the knees very bent and with the feet stretched out behind like yours would be if you were kneeling.  Wire in the legs will help too - that way you can bend the legs a little more if you need to without taking the bear apart.  It will also help so that you can position the legs to keep the bear from falling over. 

Happy bear making!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

If you are designing your own pattern, one thing I find when doing a really bent limb is the piece needs to be much longer than you think! Always seems to take me a couple of gos to get it right.

great, thanx to all who replied, ive got more of an idea on where and how to go about this now xx

Board footer