Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Gigy Toronto

I was hoping someone could direct me to a store that sells glass eyes, mohair and alpaca, or any bear making supplies. I've made a couple of bears since moving back to Ontario; buttons for eyes, random faux fur, and more recently a purple mohair coat I found at a thrift store (my current work in progress). I'm not a huge fan of ordering online, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Toronto, I drive when I have to, so anything local would be awesome.

Thanks,
Gigy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I can't help with a supplier.... stores carrying bear supplies are few and far between now-a-days, mail order is how most of us get our supplies now. But there is a bear show coming up at the Botanical Gardens next month that you might check out... there may be a supplier there you could buy from and plenty of fairly local artists that could give you suggestions if you don't get any here. Here's a link to the show: http://www.teddybearsonvacation.com/torontomay2009.html

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Gigy,

The only one I can think of that is anywhere near you- about 90 minutes away  ( in St. Clements)  is Disco Joints.  Chris and Karen provide  awesome service and they will be at the show Daphne mentioned.  If you look on their website   http://discojoints.on.ca/  and see somethings you like  they may even bring it to the show for you to buy there.   It's worth emailing or calling them

Gigy Toronto

Thanks for the help, I'll try to make the show. I had a craft store tell me that they stopped selling glass eyes because they are a choking hazard to small children, I looked on the wall and asked "Do buttons not pose the same risk?" All I got was a confused look from the lady. It's been pretty discouraging.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Gigy,

I sent you a PM.

Board footer