Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Alexander-2.jpgAlexander.jpgThis bear my husband claimed before I got to take him to the show. 

His name is Alexander and he is just a suprised little (well not so little at 16" inches sitting) bear

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

You get such great expressions on your bears faces.  I can see why your hubby snagged him!

Hugs,
Alison

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

If I were your hubby I would have snatched him up too, Amber !!  bear_laugh

Such a great expression ("Hey, What's going on here ???") and lovely fur.  bear_wub

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Thank you. I've learned over the past couple of months to be careful of the state of my emotions when working on their faces. They really seem to mirror my emotions at the time.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

"You made a whole dozen chocolate, chocolate-chip cookies just for ME?!"   bear_shocked

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Actually for this bear It was more like I should have made sure the stripes lined up when I traced out my pattern. So I was shocked when I found they magically lined up. It always seems to work out that way now. I foget to do it when I'm drawing out the pattern. I never seem to remember till I have it all cut out and it's too late but it always seems to work out. This was my second in a striped fabric and I was just floored that I got that lucky. It's worked out on the others since then too. My husband thinks I just do it automatically without thinking about it since everything I do each day is art realated. I'm a graphic designer and illustrator. I still think it's pure luck though.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

It might also have a lot to do with the weave of the fabric.

Aren't the stripes aligned with the weft axis of the fabric?
If you align the warp axis of the fabric with the pattern, the weft axis will automatically come out at 90ยบ to the pattern.  Since the stripes are made in the weft threads, they just come out right almost automatically.

You're just so good at it, you do this without even thinking about it.   bear_cool

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Amber,he's GREAT!
Where did you get the amazing fur? I just can't seem to find anything with stripes at the moment unless I buy a huge amount that I don't really want?
Oh & if I'd been your husband, I'd have kept Alexander too! bear_grin
Hugs,
Julia x

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

I got this fur from Disco Joints. It was really neat because it wasn't a straight strip it had a zig zag to it. Most suppliers are willing to cut larger pieces if fabric down most will go down to a quarter yard some will go to an eighth ask them if they are willing to cut a smaller piece for you Julia you maybe suprised.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hee hee, love his face, and that fur

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Thank you Katie

Board footer