Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi dear Teddy Bear Friends,

As promised here is the third and final chapter of my little story about the bears who came home with me after the Stratford-upon-Avon Teddy Bear Artist Event.
This chapter is called "the big ones"  bear_wacko

As a matter of fact, these two bears were the main reason I went to Stratford.  Both bears were made on commission and were waiting for me at the show.  So, it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you :

“Neville” made by Gregory Gyllenship (Gregory’s bears)

: I especially asked Gregory to make a very traditional teddy in a classic colour and the result is stunning : a gorgeous 23 “ teddy in short golden mohair.  Neville is fitted with a growler that produces the longest deep growl I have ever heard.

01.jpg    13xx.jpg

14.jpg    15.jpg

“Beaumont” made by Marilyn Lambert (Barling Bears)

: I am afraid that these photos don’t do justice to Beaumont, but when I tell you that he stands tall at 28,5”, weighs approximately 6 kgs (13 lb), has the most sumptuous grey mohair fur with silver tips and a cute burgundy nose, you will understand that Beaumont is a huge magnificent hunk of a teddy bear (not to be trifled with  bear_laugh ).  Admittedly I had to wait some time before he was finally finished, but he is soooooo well worth the wait. 

17.jpg    18.jpg

02.jpg    03.jpg

11.jpg    12xx.jpg

04.jpg    09.jpg

A big thank you to Gregory and Marilyn for making these two adorable bears for me.  :clap:

When I drove home after my stay in Stratford, the back seat of my car was filled with teddy bears and that made me feel so good !   bear_smile 
Unfortunately the story of the Stratford bears ends here, but not to worry : apparently there is a teddy show in London in September ….  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Hugs to all of you,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

What a couple of beauties you have there Peter bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
When you said the final chapter is for your big bears I didn't realise the bears were going to be that big bear_shocked   bear_whistle  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub 
I do love big cuddly bears bear_wub
Soon be September bear_original
Laurie :hug:

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh My Gosh! They are both huge (26" inches... crikey Marilyn!!!) and both sumptuously gorgeous.
I mean incredibly gorgeous! You must be so happy.
Aawwww I love them. The colour of Neville is out of this world! Ok... must stop gushing or I'll be sneaking over to Belgium to attempt kidnap bear_tongue

Have to say as well Peter loved your Barling Collection which you posted on Marilyn's birthday post. What a beautiful set of bears. Marilyn you should be very proud!

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Magnificent!  Both of them. 

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

:clap: Wonderful bears, Peter!  :clap:

Beaumont is grand. Marilyn must have used a whole yard of that incredible fur! (Is that a bit of Beaumont showing in the middle of the group photo in Marilyn's birthday greeting?)

And Neville -- I love the way Gregory trimmed that beautiful muzzle, and the way he positioned the ears. They look so alert!

If these were the only two bears you had, you would still have a glorious collection!  bear_flower

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Both bears are outstanding, Peter . . . you are one lucky gentleman!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Aaaaah, Peter, aren't they gorgeous? You must feel so happy among all these gorgeous bears...
That is such a great filling to be surrounded by teddy bears!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a gorgeous pair, it was definitely a successful show for you!

puca bears puca bears

Wwow, Peter.......all of the Stratford bears    are gorgeous....and these two whoppers are both stunning!
So - when do you have to move to a bigger house??????????? :crackup:
Happy Sunday
huggies
Maria

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

OMG Peter they are gorgeous  bear_wub 

I have visions on how you must have looked with all these bears on the way home  :crackup: , amazed they didn't charge you for extra seats  bear_grin

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, Peter, they are both beautiful! bear_wub  I love big bears but haven't managed to make one larger than about 15 inches...yet! We'll see where this year takes me.  bear_laugh Both of these bears are so well proportioned and have gorgeous faces. I so want to come visit you and your hug--I've loved the bears you've shared with us.

Hugs to you from Colorado!
Debora

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments.  I really appreciate it very much. and I am sure that Marilyn will be pleased to read them as well and I will pass them on to Gregory.  bear_thumb
I consider myself very lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful creatures and, honestly, they are a constant source of joy and comfort !  bear_original

puca bears wrote:

So - when do you have to move to a bigger house??????????? :crackup:

Maria : if  you have a couple of hundred thousands euros under your mattrass, I will be glad to take them off your hands and buy a bigger house.  bear_laugh   One of these days I will post some photos of my house and the bears in it; you will be surprised how modest it is.  (But the bears have virtually taken over most of the house  bear_whistle ).

dangerbears wrote:

Is that a bit of Beaumont showing in the middle of the group photo in Marilyn's birthday greeting?

Becky : how very observant of you : the bear that you saw in Marilyn in Marilyn's birthday photograph is called Robinson and his top half is white and bottom half grey mohair with silver tips (so the same as Beaumont).  The picture was taken before I had Beaumont, but I liked the grey tipped mohair so much, that Marilyn made Beaumont from the same material.

Rich1988 wrote:

Ok... must stop gushing or I'll be sneaking over to Belgium to attempt kidnap

Don't get any funny ideas in your head, Rich, you won't find anything of value in my house except .... my bears  bear_grin

Hugs to all of you,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Wow, you're a very lucky man!! And they sure are BIG!! Would love a Gregory Bear one day.  bear_wub

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

I've loved all the chapters of your visit to Stratford Peter.....it was a wonderful shopping trip to be sure!  bear_rolleyes  :dance:
These two bears are truly fabulous, I really admire makers of big bears as I don't go much over 4" these days!  bear_wacko These guys are certainly going to give you plenty of hugs!  :hug:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Stunnimg bears Peter I would have loved to watch you  :photo:  carry all your bears 'to' your car fom the show. How many trips did you make?

Raewyn

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

These two are adorable Peter, you are lucky indeed..... I did get to see Beaumont at the fair and he is beautiful.  I seemed to miss Gregory's stand though, don't know how!!  Both bears look great together.

Hugs
Pauline

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Peter,

I love the photos! I think Beaumont and Neville are going to be extremely happy living in Belgium!

I am so pleased (and relieved!) that you are delighted with Beaumont, I worried about him so much as you know.  At just under 29 inches, I wondered if he would be too much of a handful  for you!   

Yes, I was shocked by his weight when I weighed the poor chap, but the stuffing just kept going on and on and on .....  I was absolutely amazed how much I used.  But at least he will keep you on your toes as he is not a bear to be messed with!!  (Actually, he is a big softie really!)

Many thanks for the opportunity of making him for you, I hope he brings you lots of happiness.

Hugs,

Marilyn bear_flower

Barling Bears wrote:

I hope he brings you lots of happiness.

He already has !

bear_original

Love & Hugs,  bear_wub  :hug:
Peter & the Barling rascals

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Peter, they certainly are two of the most beautiful bears I have seen.  I too love the traditional bears and the colors are wonderful.  What a great addition to your great big hug, ENJOY!!!
Hugs, Pat  bear_thumb

Board footer