Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

One of our Bears, Pudge, got his picture taken and he thinks he looks spiffy.
He wants to show everybody his portrait and say, "Hi!"

bear_smile

Pudge-1.jpg

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Pudge ! 

You are one gorgeous hunk of a teddy bear and you certainly look 'spiffy' in your portrait.  bear_thumb
It's nice to see a good old fashioned B/W photo.  I bet your dad is very proud of you.  bear_tongue

Big Hugs, Pudge, from all the bears in Belgium  :hug:

and Peter.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi, Pudge!

He does look pretty pleased with himself and the world. Great photo!

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hi Pudge *waves*

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  You're a good-looking fellow, Pudge!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Great pic Pudge, have a great day.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

He is a very handsome fellow.  Glad to see and meet him.

Joanne

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Thanks!  Pudge is happy to hear that you like his picture!  :)

I took Pudge outside for a walk in the yard just this past Sunday.  I had a roll of film to finish up and I thought Pudge might like to pose for a portrait.  It was a nice sunny day and he had a nice time running around outdoors.

I developed the film that evening after dinner and I showed Pudge the negatives that night before we all went to bed.  He picked out two shots but one of them wasn't focused very well.  I think he liked the second one anyway.

I showed him what his picture looked like on the enlarger and he just INSISTED that I make him an 11 x 14 print of his portrait.  (When a Bear gets his mind set on something there's no convincing him otherwise, don't you know!)

So, I made a couple of test prints on smaller paper then, finally I made his full-size print.  He couldn't even wait for it to come out of the developer!  I kept telling him, "No, Pudge, you have to wait!" but he just sat there with an impatient look on his face until the print was finished.

Pudge didn't even want to wait for the print to dry.  I had to warn him not to touch it until it was completely dry or else he'd get paw prints all over his nice portrait.  Finally, I had to bring it upstairs and lay it on the dining room table to dry.  I warned him not to touch it or else he would make fur marks in the wet emulsion.

He was a good Bear and he waited until morning till the print was completely dry.

Now he's running around the house, showing all the other Bears his picture.  He's really proud of it.   bear_smile

I would like to get a nice frame for it and hang it up in the Bear's room but I'm afraid that all the other Bears will want a portrait too!

999 more Bears to go!   bear_shocked

bear_whistle  bear_tongue  bear_happy  bear_happy

Glasgow

999 bear to go sounds like it would make a good song  bear_laugh

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Nine hundred ninety nine Teddy Bear portraits to make.
Nine hundred ninety nine Bears.
If one of those pictures should happen to develop,
Nine hundred ninety eight pictures are left.

bear_whistle

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Say hello to the Bears Brian!

BearsBrian.jpg

All three Bears are named "Brian."  You have Bear Brian in the middle.  There's Bear Brian's Big Brother on the right and Bear Brian's Baby Brother on the left.

But their names are relative.  If you're talking to Baby Bear Brian, then you have Bear Brian's Big Brother on his immediate left and Bear Brian's BIGGER Brother two seats over.  Then, of course, if you're talking to Big Bear Brian, you have Bear Brian's Brother and Bear Brian's Baby Brother.

It's all quite confusing, sometimes but, once you get to know the Bears Brian, it all becomes quite normal to speak to them.

They got their names from their Bearmaker when they came to live with us.  They were all named "Brian."  When the first "Brian" came to live with us, we explained to him that we knew there was a famous person named "Bear Bryant."  He was the football coach from Alabama.  Brian smiled and said, "I'd like to be called 'Bear Brian.'"
After that, the smaller "Brian the Bear" came to live with us.  He and his new brother decided that they would both like to be called "Bear Brian" and the same thing happened when the biggest "Brian" came.

Now the three "Bears Brian" all decided to go for a stroll outside to get some fresh air and sunshine.
This is their picture.  They thought that, if Pudge could show you his picture, they would like to say "Hi" as well.

So, here you have it!  The three "Bears Brian" say HI!  :)

996 left to go...
bear_happy

Glasgow

Heh, love the naming conventions

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi to Pudge & the Brians! :hug:   I love that photo on the bench... great perspective!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Thanks!  The Bears Brian say thanks, too!

We're starting a Bear photo gallery on the wall going up the stairs to where the Bear's room is located.  These are some of the photos that we plan to put up there.  We wanted to try them out on your guys to see which ones are best.

We're glad you like the photos because it will help us make our Bear gallery even better!  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Us Bears wrote:

We're starting a Bear photo gallery on the wall going up the stairs to where the Bear's room is located

"The Bear's room" ??? Randy, I think you have more than one bear room, I think you have a bear house !!  :crackup:

I love the three Brian Bears.   How come they came to live with you at three different times?  Why didn't you adopt all three at the same time (I think that is what I would have done  bear_tongue )?

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Us Bears Pennsylvania

bear_grin

The Bears do live all over the house but they also have their own room.  Apparently they hold their monthly organizational meetings there where they discuss all the important Bear issues of the past month.  Humans aren't allowed but, from what I hear among the whispers, meetings are the first Wednesday of every month at midnight, after all the humans have gone to bed.

Bears Brian did not all come from the same store.  We got Baby Bear Brian first, I believe.  At that time, he was just "Bear Brian."  Then we found the middle sized Brian.  He came home and became "Big Bear Brian."  Finally, we found the "Bigger Bear Brian."  They all got together and became Bear brothers.  That's when they all decided that they wanted to be known as "The Bears Brian."]

The Bears Brian portrait is actually a warm up series for another part of this project...  The Snuffs!

We have several Gund Snuffles Bears.  Probably a couple dozen.  Don't know exactly.  We lost count.
However, there are all different sizes of Snuffs.  We have snuffs that are only a couple of inches tall on up to about 3 feet tall.  (They like to be called the "Godzilla-Snuffs!"  ;)

Anyway, I have to figure out how to photograph all the Snuffles Bears.  I'm thinking about lining them all up in a row and showing all the different sizes as a group.  The Bears Brian are helping me work out how to arrange the different sized Bears so they make a good photo.

Snuffles Bears are somewhat hard to photograph because of their shape.  I'll have to figure out how to photograph them for the most flattering portrait.  They wouldn't want to look like just a giant lump of fur in their Bear portrait!

So, that's what me and the Bears are up to with all these photos.  bear_original

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Pudge you are a cutie pie! bear_wub  bear_thumb

Board footer