Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I am looking to set up an Etsy shop & was wondering who has a shop. I am looking for good examples and advice.
Thanks,
Amy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I don't know whether you've seen Etsy's blog/newsletter. It's full of tips: http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/?utm … ess_072710

And here's a post specifically about setting up your shop: http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/the- … ess_072710

Good luck!

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Amy,

I know that Catherine (from Bumpkin Bears) sells a lot of her beautiful cards and prints through her Etsy shop.
She is also a member of TT, so you can send her a PM or you can go to her website http://www.bumpkinbears.com/en/v3/index.php.

This is her Etsy shop : http://www.etsy.com/shop/bumpkin

I am sure she will be willing to give you some tips.  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Little_Bearries Holt, MI

I have an etsy shop and my advice based on what I've learned would be:

1. Do it, setting it up is really simple.
2. Make sure you pay attention to the size and dpi recommendation for photographs that you upload, otherwise they'll look awful.
3. Don't be in too huge a hurry to list everything all at once. You can view how many times people have looked at your item, and how many people "heart" it... so take a little time and spread out  your listings, mornings, evenings, weekdays, weekends... and see which listings get the most hits.
4. Use those keywords!!! Any keyword you can think of that might be pertinent (even ones like "cute") is helpful
5. Find shops on there that you like, and "favorite" them... often, this will generate more people "favorite"ing you in return, and then more people could possibly find you when they browse that shop's favorites. It's how I've found a lot of great sellers!

Hopefully that wasn't totally useless!

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Thanks for all the tips! I will tell you when I am up and running & if I run into any bumps along the way
TTFN
Amy

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Timely topic, as I am in the process of setting up an Etsy shop. 
Can we put Paypal "buy it now" buttons on the pages of the Etsy shop?
I am sure that I will have more questions as time goes by.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Gail wrote:

Can we put Paypal "buy it now" buttons on the pages of the Etsy shop?

You can just choose Paypal as your accepted method of payment. Then if a buyer sees something she likes, she buys it (now) with Paypal. (There's no need to add any buttons since each page has an "Add to cart" button already.)

I'm looking forward to seeing these new shops!

Becky

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Thank you for clarifying about the Paypal buttons.  Another question, does the "buy it now" button appear if I also choose to accept personal checks and money orders?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Gail wrote:

Another question, does the "buy it now" button appear if I also choose to accept personal checks and money orders?

Yes, everything on Etsy is for immediate sale (as opposed to the auctions on eBay). If a buyer wants to buy, she just clicks on the "Add to cart" button and then pays you with one of your accepted methods of payment. (I imagine that you'll have a little "convo, " Etsian for "email conversation," if you need to make arrangements for a check to be mailed.)

Becky

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

also go in the live chats form time  to time and say HI - meet knew customers that way, and shop for things YOU like to buy ....

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I have an etsy store too. The only down side I've seen is customers also have to sign up for etsy in order to buy something (e-bays the same too) but i've had a few customers contact asking if they could buy something off etsy because they don't want to sign up for it.

Board footer