Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

IMG_0137.JPGIMG_3681.JPGIMG_0136.JPGRemember me??? LOL. I thought  would post some more updated pics of Dakota now that she's 2 years old!

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Hi!!  Nice to see you back  bear_original Dakota is beee-yoooo-ti-ful   bear_wub

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Pictures of dogs wearing sunglasses always make me smile!   bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Brenda . . . welcome back!  Hope you're going to stick around for awhile.  Dakota has grown up into a gorgeous adult - such beautiful coloring.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Brenda,

Its funny because I've been thinking about you over the past week or so.  We haven't seen any new creations for awhile.

Dakota is so beautiful.  She has such nice markings - has she settled down now or is she still a bit of a handful.  My Miniature Pincher Pug who is 3 is still bouncing off the walls!!!

Thank you  bear_original  She still can be a handful but is slowly maturing mentally, she is better at walking without pulling but is still dog reactive (not aggressive, just wants to sniff) We work on this everyday so hopefully with alot of work and maturing other dogs won't be as interesting. I find with her firm corrections work best.
Jane~ I used to think she was quite hyper until I saw a Jack Russell and I realize now that she really isn't all that high energy bear_grin
I take her to the extended care to see my dad and the other patients that want to see her and that's her thing, she loves socializing especially with kids! If we can get past this other dog thing so she's neutral when meeting them we can get her CGC and then the possibilities will be endless!! She's quite the girl

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I have a Jack Russell as well!!!  I know I'm a sucker for punishment!!  Our Jack Russell is 5 and at 3 years on the button she settled down and was a much calmer dog BUT then the other little one is 3 1/2 and still isn't maturing!  I love them both but the bouncing off the walls I could do without!

That is wonderful that Dakota goes to the extended care and gets some extra attention and helps out the patients!

Glad you're back!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, yes I remember, she is so pretty!!

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

She is beautiful! Two years old all ready!!????  Wow how time flies.
Beth

Time does fly doesn't it! The Jack Russell I saw was 5 years old but maybe not being neutered had something to do with it, all he wanted was Dakota and that was quite the sight!!! :crackup: I was hoping the magic number of 2 years was going to settlle her down but........ she isn't active and nutty all day, just get these bursts of energy and being a big dog she has to watch for people that are in her way! bear_rolleyes

peanut-n-bean Peanut-n-Bean Artisan Bears
Seattle

Oh she is wonderful! Is she a Burmese Mountain Dog? I started seeing a few similar dogs around the city about a year or so ago and I'm totally in love with their coloring. We have talked and talked and talked about getting either a yellow lab or a golden retriever. However, I'm wondering what this breed is like. Do they by any chance like to catch a frisbee?   bear_cool

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Brenda, glad to see you pop in for a visit.  Dakota has grown up beautifully.

Are you still creating your wonderful kitties, bears, and other animals?

Joanne

peanut-n-bean wrote:

Oh she is wonderful! Is she a Burmese Mountain Dog? I started seeing a few similar dogs around the city about a year or so ago and I'm totally in love with their coloring. We have talked and talked and talked about getting either a yellow lab or a golden retriever. However, I'm wondering what this breed is like. Do they by any chance like to catch a frisbee?   :cool:

Yes, she is a Bernese bear_original I haven't heard of many that like to catch a frisbee and when it comes to retrieving, haven't heard of many that do that either. Dakota will play with her squeaky ball and the odd time will bring the frisbee back but not very often. She doesn't care for swimming in water either. I think what would make these dogs happiest is being on a farm doing work, after all they are a farm dog but since she's stuck with me she likes the best to go everywhere I go, walks, and socializing with lots of people, kids and dogs and running off leash. One thing I never have to worry about is her taking off and going very far from home, she has to keep me in her sight and is fairly territorial. These dogs get very attached to their people.

desertmountainbear wrote:

Hi Brenda, glad to see you pop in for a visit.  Dakota has grown up beautifully.

Are you still creating your wonderful kitties, bears, and other animals?

Joanne

I haven't made any critters since November I think!! I do some grooming sometimes but other than that I haven't been very ambitious bear_whistle I'm getting the itch a little bit again  to make something so maybe by the Fall bear_happy

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

i remember you, do you remember me ?  she is goegeous !
cat xxxx

Of course I remember you bear_original and thank you for the compliment on my pup bear_happy

Weymouth
Website

thanks ok brenda, my, i still had her in my head as a lil pup lol !
you should see my babies now ....
cat xxxx

please post some pics!

Weymouth
Website

ok then - just for you !

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Dakota is gorgeous!