Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Hi I am in the process of making up a bear using 'alive eyes' which come with a safety eye plus eye socket and then a white plastic thing which I am guessing is the back of the eye.  Trouble is I can't seem to push the back of the eye on.  Anyone else used this type of eye before and how did you manage to push the back on?  I was so hoping to get this done today so any help is appreciated,

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I am not sure what "aLive" eyes are but I make child safe bears and use the plastic eyes that is an eye and a white push on back.  Some of them are very hard to get on so what I do is put it over the hole in a spool of thread and push down with my hands.    It is hard to explain but the order of the pieces are eye, fur, safety back and spool on table and push down.  The hole in the spool should be big enough that the post on the eye part going down into the hole and the pressure from your hands should be enough for it to work.

Board footer