Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

5019302525_9a425cfc8a.jpgHope no-one minds me showing off my latest cloth doll making efforts.  All are made with calico fabric, I use watercolour pencils and pigma pens to draw the faces (and sometimes the clothes too as you can see).  I really enjoy making these dolls and it's good to have a break off bears every now and then bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I don't mind at all.  Actually, I am very interested.  This is something I have been interested in trying.  What do you use for hair?  I have an art show in December and thought I might do some Christmas dolls.

Melbourne, Australia

Nina, I use tibetan lambswool for the hair, I needlefelt it on.  I hope you give dollmaking a go, it's a lot of fun!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Ohhhh Catherine they are wonderful. I to have wanted to try my hand at cloth doll making but I don't think I could do the faces. Yours are superb and you can show them off anytime you like. They are all wonderful but I think my favourite is the little slim one at the front with the long hair.  I love the long neck on her so precious, keep up the great work I think they are fantastic.

big hugs

Shane

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh these are right up my street!! Like they've walked out of an 'alice in wonderland-esque' book. Perfect.

Richard
x

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

I just love these!!!! Absolute wonderful! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs
Ann-Marie

Melbourne, Australia

Thanks so much everyone for your comments, and especially Shane!  I'm so glad you like them bear_original

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Catherine: your creations are adorable.   bear_wub  If you don't mind me asking, do you heat set the watercolor on the fabric. Do you have to pre-treat the fabric with something before using the watercolor pencil?

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

They are wonderful and inspiring!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  It's been an age since I last made a cloth doll and I keep thinking it would be nice to do one for a change!   bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Your dolls are fabulous!!  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I like them a lot, Catherine! bear_wub What a gorgeous look you've gotten on their faces. Just beautiful.

~Debora

Melbourne, Australia

Thank you so much everyone!  Your comments are very encouraging bear_original  Michelle, no I don't treat the fabric beforehand, I just draw directly onto the fabric.  I do seal the pencilwork afterwards with a matte spray sealer.

Karon Posts: 751

I like them.  The actual painting is lovely - epecially like the cat!

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website
Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Catherine Wrote: Michelle, no I don't treat the fabric beforehand, I just draw directly onto the fabric.  I do seal the pencilwork afterwards with a matte spray sealer.

Thank you so much Catherine.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I have been admiring your dolls for a while Catherine and your latest doll is tooo cute xx Hugs Raewyn

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Love the eyes...

Seraphim Seraphim Bears
Belleville
Website

Gosh, I haven't been on here in forever it seems! I just love these dolls! What great painting and detail, nice work!

Melbourne, Australia

Thank you so much everyone for your comments, it's really appreciated bear_original

Board footer