Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I'm so worried that one of my Bears, Harry, has got lost in the post going from Belgium to the UK, so within Europe.  I sent him registered with a tracking number on 12th Nov and he got to the Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre on 17th Nov and no more information bear_sad  I have never had a Bear lost so it's so worrying.  I have been spending hours trying to talk to Royal Mail to get any help, customs (no problems there as it's within Europe)...with no luck.  They just talk about making claims, but I just want to find my Bear and for him to arrive with his new owner safely!  Has anyone had this problem with their Bears coming into England?  Any suggestions of anything else I can do to find him?  Thank you so much for any advice, I'm in rather a pickle!  Hugs, Catherine x

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Bumpkin Bears wrote:

I'm so worried that one of my Bears, Harry, has got lost in the post going from Belgium to the UK, so within Europe.  I sent him registered with a tracking number on 12th Nov and he got to the Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre on 17th Nov and no more information :(  I have never had a Bear lost so it's so worrying.  I have been spending hours trying to talk to Royal Mail to get any help, customs (no problems there as it's within Europe)...with no luck.  They just talk about making claims, but I just want to find my Bear and for him to arrive with his new owner safely!  Has anyone had this problem with their Bears coming into England?  Any suggestions of anything else I can do to find him?  Thank you so much for any advice, I'm in rather a pickle!  Hugs, Catherine x

FInd out if teddy left customs if he has, then they should be able to tell you the internal courier who distributed him.  Whereabouts in the UK is teddy destined for?  It's not that unusual for customs to take their sweet time over shipping things.  The bears I get from DangerBears often spend days in customs -- I assume the teddies like it there, but it can be weeks before anything happens.

I wouldn't get too worried -- but I would start tracing your steps as much as you can -- and given the tracking numbers you've mentioned, you should be able to find out if teddy has left customs, and if so, with which courier.  Is it definitely Royal Mail though?  If so, start causing merry-hell as they're useless in my experience at following anything up without a good kick up the arse.

I hope teddy finds his way to his new owner post-haste.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Customs has taken to holding things for ransom for about 2 weeks of late  bear_wacko   Although within Europe it shouldn't have gone there, you mever know!  Good luck with your hunt, hope he gets to his new home soon

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Do not worry too much, if I well remember, one of my bears took three weeks to go from France to England a few years ago...
So maybe your bear is just taking his time.

I will cross my fingers for him to eventually arrive safely.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I had an order lost for over two weeks once, so maybe he's just delayed because of the snow.... fingers crossed!

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks for the reassurance.  I have spent hours going through all the automated sections of Royal Mail until I get to speak to a human being, they said he is at Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, so I presume he has left customs (even though within Europe that shouldn't be an issue).  I called Customs and they can not tell me if a parcel is there or not and said it shouldn't be anyway...   They are so keen to just say it's lost and make a claim!  I will not give up and will bug Royal Mail constantly until I get better information!  Funnily enough I got hold of Royal Mail through Twitter as well and got more assistance from them BUT still the same answer!  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for Harry!
Hugs
Catherine
x
harry2.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Keeping everything crossed for you that he turns up

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Catherine,

My heart bleeds when I read about teddies getting lost in the mail.  bear_cry
Last year I had adopted three teddies that were sent by Royal Mail from the UK to me (their service was called "ParcelForce") and it took them over three weeks to get here.  Both the artist who had sent them and I kept harassing the people at ParcelForce every day, until they finally located the parcel.  I guess we just wore them out!   So I am afraid that the only advice I can give you is to keep calling them until they locate the parcel.   I knows it's a hassle, but we are talking about a precious teddy!

We're all keeping our fingers and paws crossed that Harry will soon get to his new home.  :pray:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Lewis, Bailey, Crosby & Winston

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Hi Catherine,

Oh, I know all too well how you feel.  I have a teddy lost in the mail right now too :0) without a trace of him.  I do hope your bear is found very soon.
It's hard not to worry about them when they're out there all by themselves! bear_cry

I'm posting a photo of my little lost bear in an individual post.  If anyone happens to see him up for adoption anywhere please let me know.  He was going to a home in France but I would love to have him back with me.

Good luck with your little one.

Hugs,

Louisa

Conni Germany

bear_cry This is so sad. I hope, he is found.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Keep on them, Catherine! Sweet little Harry is just waiting out there somewhere.

Hugs to you! :hug:  :hug:
Debora

Antwerp, Belgium

I really am losing hope, I just keep getting the same answer and now the whole of England is coming to a stand still with snow so that is making the post even more of a chaos.  I hate to let down his new Mum that was so looking forward to having him.  He must be out there somewhere  :pray:  Please all send out your positive vibes!
Catherine
x

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Bumpkin Bears wrote:

I really am losing hope, I just keep getting the same answer and now the whole of England is coming to a stand still with snow so that is making the post even more of a chaos.  I hate to let down his new Mum that was so looking forward to having him.  He must be out there somewhere  :pray:  Please all send out your positive vibes!
Catherine
x

I think at this point *all* bets are off regarding mail deliveries, so I would say you will need to wait, even longer, annoying as that is.  :/

-- Thomas Adam

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh I do hope he turns up soon, I really feel for you  bear_angry  bear_angry

Pauline

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks Pauline, still no sign of him, it is really hard   bear_sad
Catherine
x

Board footer