Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

IMG_8949t.jpgI love white but had avoided it in the past because I had heard the white fibers did not felt well. I don't know for certain but I think it has something to do with bleaching or the process the fibers have to go through to be made white.
Believe it or not, this guy was put through quite a vigorous felting process, but I was never able to achieve the nice tightness between the stitches that I had with my other felted teddies. And, there is just something not "right" about his shape, as if the fibers felted at such different rates that I was left with a bit of distortion.
Don't tell the teddy bear any of this though.  He thinks he is quite cute. And he will be happy to live with us forever!
Diana

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

I think he's quite a dashing little fellow, excellent work  bear_thumb  bear_grin

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website
annalong MadebyAnna

Love the idea. I was thinking could you needle felt on top of the crochet work? Just me thinking out loud  bear_original I see the stitches are tight on the ears. I think he is content to stay with you .  bear_original

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Thanks everyone!
Anna,  The ears always felt more than other parts so I actually do less felting on them.  I had thought about trying needlefelting but I had also heard horror stories here about folks poking themselves with the needles.  That's just the sort of thing I would do and then the poor guy would be RED and white!  Yikes!  :crackup:   
Diana

Board footer