Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi dear friends,

I found an email from htkelly@rockmechanic.com and the content was something from Paypal saying that Hugh Kelly sent me $ 135.

So I went on my Paypal account and checked and that money was indeed on my Paypal account.

I have the full address of that person but I have no clue who that guy is and what he paid me for.
Plus the number of the transaction is not valid.

Before writing to Paypal I have a question to ask you.

Many of you recieve payments from paypal. When you get an email to tell you someone sent you money for a payment, what is the email address of the sender : Paypal adress of your customer's address?

It might just be a mistake... The links inside the mail did not send you to abnormal pages. All looked perfectly normal. I search on internet if it could be a spam. There were spams with similar kind of content but in these cases, there were no money on the Paypal account of the recipient...

I paid for an item today so I fear that if I contact Paypal for this problem they might block my account and then I am not sure the person I paid will then get his money...

bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Please, help me!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

maybe wait a day or 2, so the person gets the money, and then contact paypal ?

or wait anyway, who ever sent you the money will surely contact you to ask for whatever he payed for bear_laugh

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi Martina!

Thanks for your view point.
I had a quick chat on Facebook with a fellow TTer who told me that apparently "You've got money" is the usual email title we get if someone sent us some money and that the email sender is not paypal but the money sender. So it does not look like spam.

Still, it sounds strange...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You can call paypal directly.  Look for the customer service number.  Let them help you, then you will be sure.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I agree with Joanne. PayPal will help you, and you can email if you prefer not to call. (They've always replied to me very quickly.)

Becky

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for your answers, Joanne and Becky. I think I will call them, thats looks like the best thing to do.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

I had an issue with PayPal not too long ago and I emailed them for help.  I had a reply the next day, so it's definitely worth contacting them.

Hugs,

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Hi Sophie,
I think PayPal has made some changes recently as I used to get those "you've got money" notices with the customers email address and now I am getting the emails from "service@intl.paypal.com" and the subject says "(customer's name) has just paid you for......
Before I could click reply to the email and it would go right back to the customer to thank them for the payment - can't do that anymore!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I got some messages from Payapl saying the guy sent a claim about fraudulous use of his account. So I had to answer it and I refunded the money and then another message from ebay said all was sorted. I just hope I did not loose money in that process...

I stil do not understand what happened...

I emailed Paypal to ask them : now I hope the email was properly sent : as soon as I clisked on send, it brought me back to the welcome page of Paypal and I was logged off.  bear_wacko

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer