Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Shel, my house is too tiny and really not that much fun! The cats party all night, but we humans are kinda low key!

I'm thinking maybe a Jamacian Cruise? Or a villa in mexico? Ya man! :cool:
I'd bring a teddy for a secret teddy swap (like a white elephant gift at christmas parties) but I'm NOT making bears! (no way am I lugging my supplies onto an airplane!) bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, I was joking about you hosting it, Kirsten.  Sorry for the miscommunication! :P

Mexico?  Sounds great.  When and where?  Who's coordinating the trip?  Does it matter that I have cellulite and am as white as a ghost?

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Oh, Shelli, you were joking? I would never had guessed!:D (psst.. I knew.....);)

Shoot, if its Mexico, I live the closest....
We can rent an island in fiji for $1000 each! My Dad goes on surf trips were they rent a whole (tiny) island for a week!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Let's do Tijuana!  That's cheap and horrid and we get the added thrill of the "will we live or will we die" cab ride!  Wheeee!

Actually, we should plan something.  I know you all want to be respectable and all and drink tea and talk bears, but can we do something a little crazy?  Maybe see a cool show?  I just saw The Lion King -- for the second time, and it was worth every penny -- and am taking my kids to see STOMP in less than a month (which I have seen twice before; incredible!) 

I love girls' weekends, and take way too few of them.

Seriously, can anyone seriously do this, and if so, when and where?  We need an event planner.

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Maybe Tijuana sells cheap mohair? Hey, I take a girl's weeks end each summer, one more wouldn't hurt!
I'm all for it! Anyone else willing??

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Sounds Wonderful, but could be cost-prohibitive at the present.  Now if it were at your house, Shelli.....:lol:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I can't really go anywhere at this time... but who knows about the future?  If anyone comes to Chicago area be sure to post (like for the ABC Show in Schaumburg in October?????)   And boy, I tell ya... I'd LOVE something stronger than tea and get a bit crazy  bear_laugh  = unfortunately I can't do that no more...:rolleyes:  that blood sugar thang... (ah well, could be worse!)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Anyone want to come to Texas??  I live on an acre, so we could spill out into the yard if we overran the house!!  That is, if you don't mind 5 cats!!  bear_laugh

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I love cats Sue Ann and i'm also very fond of spilling over

hee hee hee

Let's all go to Texas!

Penny bear_laugh

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Aren't there some shows in Texas?  Maybe we could meet around the time of a good show and make it a double-duty trip. bear_cool

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Sure thing!!  I'm participating in Lulu Bears Austin Show in two weeks.  But I need longer notice than that so I can clean the house!! bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  Valerie Rogers has a Houston show in the early spring, and Pat Moore does one in Dallas in late Jan. - early Feb.  Valerie used to have one in Dallas in the fall, but I notice this year there isn't one scheduled . . . boooo!!  And there are various other smaller shows around the state.  I say let's do it!  Come one, come all!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Thank you, Sue Ann, for the kind invitation.  I have wanted to do a show in Texas, and if I can meet with this awesome looney group to boot, all the better. bear_laugh bear_cool   

If I'm going to spend much money to travel, I'll hope to make a good return for the expense.  If it is a large show, with more patrons, it seems it would be more likely to repay my investment.  What do you think?  I have never attended a Valerie Rogers show, but she does a lot of publicity, so I assume her shows are sizeable.  Have you done the Houston Spring show?  Of Pat Moore's shows, her San Jose show is the largest of hers that I've done.  I would call that one about medium size.  Do you know how big her Texas show normally is?

Next Spring is a long wait from now, but gauging by my current production speed, I wouldn't be ready til then anyhow.  These are only my thoughts... don't let me charge in and make plans for everyone. bear_rolleyes bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I live about 20 minutes away from the place where all the Dallas shows are held . . . so that would be really handy.  I have participated in the Houston show many times and it usually is a good one.  I do have to say that I was VERY disappointed in Pat's Feb. show this year.  Not many artists and not a good attendance.  The best part of it was that Jennifer Laing was there and I enjoyed visiting with her.  All of Valerie's and Pat's shows that I participate in have gotten smaller over the years.  I just think it's a sign of the times that the teddy business is in a bit of trouble these days.  Even ABC's shows are getting smaller and they cancelled one in Mesa, AZ, that I had been attending.  The show in Austin is fairly small - but that is on purpose.  There are usually in the neighborhood of 20 - 25 artists that do that show.  I'm not sure I could guarantee anybody's success at any of these shows, but we'd sure have a good time paaaaarrrtttaaaayyyiiinnngg!!  Let's think about it and get more input from everybody who's interested.  Ladies/gents???

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

The later in the year the better for me... I don't make many bears until summer hits. I can't get the energy to finish bears when I'm grading papers or tutoring rugrats! :P
I have family in Leander, I would be able to visit them also! bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Great, girls.  Any more of you want to think about this??

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Yeah!!! We could have a fund raiser so Danni and I can come too!!! We'll call it something really clever..like, The Danni and Hayley Texas Partaaayyyy Trust Fund.:cool:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Weep! bear_sad I'll never make it so far south on my budget, but . . .

If anybody's coming up for the Toronto show in August, plan to bunk here. I'll throw the kids out!

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooooooooh Hayley!! Lets start selling choccies now!! LOL Hrm, there  has to be something a little more lucrative that chocolates..

I like the sounds of the " The Danni and Hayley Texas Partaaayyyy Trust Fund. "

Ooh too much fun!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Okay, Danni and Hayley . . . start saving your pennies now . . . maybe you could have a car wash and bake sale!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Or... stop posting online so much and make/sell more bears!! bear_laugh

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA
Kirsten wrote:

Or... stop posting online so much and make/sell more bears!! :D

A little reality bite there, Kirsten.  I'd bet quite a few of us here could benefit from taking that advice, not the least of which would be 'moi'.  but GOLLEE!!! Fun is addictive!!!! bear_grin:lol:

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I'm really not one to talk. bear_laugh Working on a bear is such a delight, but it takes so much to get it all out, work on it, clean up, pack it all up so the cats don't destroy it, sometimes, I can go weeks without finishing a bear. I really need to finish several bears but talk too much on the phone, in person and online!!:rolleyes:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Kirsten wrote:

Or... stop posting online so much and make/sell more bears!! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, that's what I'm trying to do!  I HAVE cut back though..:rolleyes:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Maybe we need to start another group called 'Teddy Talk members Anonymous'...where people like us can go to discuss not being able to reisit sititng and chatting with our online friends?
It is hard to resist logging on....in case you miss something..and if you don't do it daily, you get too far behind. If I had a bear room it would be easier cos I could just pop in there for a few minutes at a time to work on my bears...but I'm having to set up on the kitchen table too...and my stuff is in too many different boxes, so by the time I get it all out, and pack it all up....time is running out! I would so love to be able to just leave everything set up and just walk out and shut the door when I've had enough....doesn't hurt to dream I guess.:rolleyes:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Clare,

I had some pine boxes made up with sliding lids and I had my logo etched on. They look nice but were
fairly expensive.
The party sounds wonderful and what a lot of fun that would be to meet up with all you wonderful
Bear Ladies and our Bears.
Black tea, green tea, berry zingers or wine I am sure that it would be a lot of fun whatever!.

Best wishes &
Bear Hugs
Carolyn.

Board footer