Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
shantell wrote:

It always makes my day.  I hope when I grow old that I'm as charming as some of them.
Shantell

Can't agree more with you Shantell!  I volunteer at a nursing home in a near by community one a week at during visitation time.  Basically, If there are folks who don't have any visitors that day, I just sit and talk to them.  It's a facility that specializes in care for Alzheimer's patients, so some of them don't even really know that I am NOT related to them... even after I have told them repeatedly.  I've heard so many fascinating stories, funny stories, touching tales..... from some truly amazing people!  Some times they remember me when I come back the next week, sometimes they don't.... In some ways it's absolutely heart wrenching, but most of the time, it just puts a great big smile on my face to see someone's eyes light up as they convey something personally significant to them.

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Gotta watch those poopers.  My son-in-law took his dog for a walk in the park when he decided to do his dirty deed.  Un-beknown to my son-in-law puppy had eaten my daughters lacy red underware.  Well, right there in the park, out came the lacy red undies. My son-in-law and the dog ran for home and never went back!

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Love all the stories. :crackup:   I had to read them to my hubby too.  He does understand bear talk.

barbaraK Arborybears
Onchan, Isle of Man

help what is "shrinkydinks"is similar to shrink plastic.  Barbs

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes - the same.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Holy lightning, my side is hurting from reading this thread.  Y'all are hillarious.  I'm too much of a newby to understand a lot of what you guys are saying, but your stories are absolutely cracking me up.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Sorry for the bump again.  I've been reading old posts.  Debbie D, are you also visually impaired?  I ask this because you put a braille D on your bears.  If you are sighted, I'm impressed you know braille letters.  I've thought about doing a logo when I start selling my bears with either Braille Teddies written in grade 2 braille or just BT, which would probably be easier because that would have to be a big ol' tag.  Would this be okay even though you put braille on your bears?  Oh, and my husband and my bears both think I'm crazy because I'm literally ROTFL while reading this thread.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Back to your initial question in this thread: I have always been using woven tags (12mm wide) which I sew in the back seam of my bears (not too low  bear_grin ). I purchase my labels from a local supplier.
In your case I suggest a Google search on 'woven labels US'. One of the results I got for example is this one  http://www.nationalweavingusa.com/shop/ … 0fa9e6d2d0

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I love these tush tag stories...guess I will not use those!
Now, my daughter had her husband take their Part pit bull to the doggie park to do his business.  Well, he finally assumed the position and did some kind of business al righty.  Out came my daughters bikini, red, lace underware!  Yes, there were lots of people watching that production and said husband did not wait to see if there was anymore "business"...he ran home with his face as red as the bikini underware!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This just made my day.  The bears are looking at me weird because I'm laughing hysterically as I type this.

Board footer