Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I am making my first panda from a pattern.  I was just curious, it says to cut out a circle for the eye patch.  You make the face and then I assume you put the patch as backing to the eye and then insert the eye to the head.  Wont this look funny?  I mean the patch wont sit flat will it?

I was wondering whether it might look better if I air brush the eye patch part.  What do you think would look better?

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi

I have used this technique to make pandas.  I trim the fur under where the applied patch will be positioned.  I hem the patch ensuring there isn't too much bulk and it lies flat.  I then position the patch, and attach the eye through the bear head.  Lastly, I use small stitches around the patch in a matching thread to secure the patch to the head.   Hope this makes sense! bear_original

Airbrushing is probably quicker, but could be a disaster if you don't achieve the look you want first time.  The advantage of the method above is that your patch will be a perfect colour match for the bear and you can reposition as many times as needed if it goes wrong.

Regards

Sue

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Thanks Sue, I think your method will achieve the best result.

Board footer