Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Us Bears Pennsylvania

And the sky is gray...  In black and white photos.  ;)

P.S. - Three new photos are up.  I went to a butterfly release last Sunday.  Got some good B/W shots.  Took some color ones, too, but I have to finish the rolls before I can process them.

Will post those when I get them finished.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Thanks for getting that song in my head *plays the flute part on my recorder*.  Sorry that's all I can say about a thread about photography.  I wasn't going to post except y'all got that song in my head, lol.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I'm going to have to do this in late fall but, now that you guys have that song echoing in MY head too I have an idea for a photo!

I need to find an old church with trees all around.  I want a picture of the steeple, framed by branches against a cloudy sky.
I'll, ever so slightly, sepia tone it so only the few leaves still left on the trees are brown. Then I'll selenium tone it so the shadows are blue-black.  I'll leave the midtones in the sky as gray.

When I think about that song, that is the image I get in my mind.  I've been meaning to make that photo, on and off, for years but I just never think of it at the right time.

Wubbie;

Okay...  So you don't see so well.  Big deal.  People don't always see with their eyes.
Did you know that fully sighted people get headaches when they are stressed out but blind people get "hand aches?"
Did you also know that deaf people sign in their sleep?

Maybe being a visual artist isn't in your skill set but that doesn't mean you can't be a "descriptive" artist.
You can tell us what you "see" in your mind.  Properly done, it's as good as a photograph.  bear_laugh

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Board footer