Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Black Bears in New York need help.  Please read the article and sign the petition.

The New York legislature passed a bill that takes a huge step forward to protect the state's black bears, but the Governor must sign it by this Friday, Aug. 5, for it to become law.

Tell Gov. Cuomo to sign the bill ending most commercial trade in bear bile and gallbladders »

Bear bile and gallbladders are used in medicines and luxury cosmetics like shampoo, but bears are often treated inhumanely and poaching is a common practice. Currently, New York is one of just five states that have no limits on trade in bear gallbladder and bile, which has made it a haven for poachers.

New York can and must do better. Lawmakers know that. It's time for the Governor to get with the program.

Tell Gov. Cuomo to protect New York's wild black bears by ending most trade in bear parts »

Thanks for taking action!

Emily V.
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team

Gov. Cuomo: Protect New York's Wild Black Bears
Take Action Now!
Take Action!

Take action link: http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/Agn68/zl.2/.aWI

Become a fan of Care2 on Facebook Follow Care2 Action Alerts on Twitter

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I signed the petition.

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Signed, I hope it will help!!!!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks so much for letting us know about this Donna.  I live in NY state and very gladly signed the petition.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hi Donna
I have signed even though im in SA i hate cruelty to all animals hope your bill gets passed

Hugs to all
Paula

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

I also live in South Africa and have signed the petition and like Paula, I despise cruelty to animals.  I always think of what Ghandi said, I can't remember the words exactly but it was something like a state of a nation is shown by the way it treats its animals.  It is so true.  Good luck with the bill. Regards, Coraleen  bear_wub

Secunda, South Africa

Here is the quote I was talking about.  I Googled it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treatedâ€

Hugs, Coraleen

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Thanks to all of you who took the time to sign the petition to help save the black bears.  I just received word that the effort was a success and the legislation was passed.  The bears thank you!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray!

Secunda, South Africa

That's fantastic  bear_laugh  :dance:  :clap:  :hug:

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Great!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer