Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This is going to be weird for this forum, but I'm obsessed with bears from the 80s for some reason.  Does anybody know how I can spot one of these when I see one?  I was given a huge bunch of bears that were in my grandma's cellar in boxes that were a lot of our childhood bears.  They had been in a box for years, but she gave them to me because she knows I love bears. 

I found one today while looking through the pile and his shape really reminds me of some of the bears I have from the 80s and I'm not sure whether he is or not.  Is there any way for me to know for sure?  Usually they don't have dates on them unless they're collector bears, which this dude definitely is not.  It doesn't change how I feel about my bears when they were made, but I'm just really looking for bears from the 80s and I'd be really excited to know I had one here.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When you have a chance, can you get someone to upload a photo for us?

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

As soon as I get something to take pictures with, I'll take it.  There are a few bears I suspect may be from the 80s and two that I know are.  One of them has 1986 on his tag and the other is Corduroy, my bear that repeats what you say after you say it.  He's kind of obvious because he looks like Teddy Ruxpin.  I've already loaded his pic here.

I will post a pic of my Boyd's Bear Retro.  They said he was from the 70s, but the tag said copyright 1988 to 2001.  He could be an 80s bear, which will make my life.

Oops, I have to post a link because you can't post pics from the quick reply area.
http://www.teddybearfair.com/forum/show … #post16310

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I found out that Rochester, the bear I think is from the 80s, was made by the company Cuddle Wit Creations, the same company that made the awesomeness that was Baby Wurble Bear in the early 80s.  I had one of those as a kid and I have no idea what happened to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLMQ4DDWSU
This is not the bear I have.  My bear doesn't talk, but I was excited to realize I have one of Wurble's brothers.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I finally have a camera now, so I'll be able to post pics here at last.  I took this today, but I had to have some help pointing the camera.  Here's my bear Rochester.  I hope this is the right size because cropping using the braille method doesn't work.

Fallenrose near Cologne

I'm sorry to tell you the photo doesn't show up

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Let's try this again.

Fallenrose near Cologne

nope, still no photos.. have you uploaded them to another forum? If so, you could give us the link so that we would be able to see them  bear_original

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

http://www.teddybearsforum.com/showthre … 5#post7845
Some of these pics stink because I was using the braille method, but I did finally manage to get the pic of Rochester.  He's the last pic there.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Rochester-328x350.jpgAt last, here's Rochester.

Board footer