Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

victor_petit.jpgHere is my latest little one bear_original.
He is a commission : the customer chose the name, the fur, the scale...
He is 9'' and made off a "Rhubarb Pie" synthetic fur (strange fabric to work with), except the face, which is made off schulte mohair.
I do not know if he looks like my other bears...
My fiancee finds him absolutely awful ( :doh: ) but my customer says that this little bear is my very best  bear_wacko  bear_wacko...
bear_rolleyes

Just wanted to share this strange critter bear_original.

victor22.jpg
victor01_0.jpg

More pictures [url=]here, if you are curious bear_original.

Lots of bear hugs bear_original bear_original.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Good name for him i could eat him all up .Fabulous bear

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

I really like him, and the colours are lovely together.  Reminds me a little bit of a womble....showing my age there!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Marion, Victor IS different but, in this case, different is good!!  Especially if your customer loves him!  I think he's really cute and you did an excellent job with the two furs.   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Marion - I love him.  Very unique.  Where did you get the synthetic fur?

Sandi

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Marion - I think he is gorgeous!!  He's not your normal bear, but that's good!!!

Danni

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Marion he is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous mohair too!

Many Hugs Louise

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks a lot, friends  :hug:  !
The synthetic fur is from"Beary Cheap" : although the result is funny, I'm afraid I can not tell you it's a good fabric : it isn't as dense as it seems to be and the back fabric is white and is a knitted one... It's quite bad when it shows !( I'm a bit anxious with that)
That's the first time I have worked with an extensible fabric... That's strange but not a real problem for the body.
I'm so happy you like this little one ( now, I won't listen to my fiancee any more bear_laugh bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_happy ) ! bear_original
Bear hugs,
happy Marion bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is wonderful! i agree, different from your usual but I can tell it is your bear.  I think he looks like a little hedgehog! He is really really neat!!!!!!!  bear_wub

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks Kim  :hug:.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Marion,
This bear is my all time favourite of your bears!!!!!!  bear_wub

He is absolutely gorgeous  :hug:  i wish he were coming to live with me!

I like this new style very much. Is'nt it strange how the bears you like personally are never the ones that other people like? I have found this with my bears time after time - i can be in love with a bear but no-one else likes him! Very Strange  bear_wacko

Penny  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I too trend to prefer this one compared to all the bears you have made before...  bear_tongue  so Marion, you can make more!!!!! I have worked on synthetic furs with knitted back and quite fancy these furs. It was strange the first time for me too. The first synthetic fur I use was quite extensible but the next ones I bought from Bear Country UK and a local shop are not that extensible but so soft...

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks Penny and Sophie bear_original. So... I think I may consider making more of these hedgehog-bears  bear_happy bear_original bear_original.
I will have a look at the Bear Country UK website : thanks for the tips ! bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think he's very cute and charming. bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I think he is just darling!  And Rhubarb pie is my favorite bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks so much Shelli and Judi ! bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Pipa UK

i think he is great. he reminds me of a hedgehog !

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks Pipa :). I'm thinking about making hedgehogs now : it must be fun too :).

LynBlair Posts: 139

bear_shocked He's quite the wild child, isn't he?  He's wonderful!  bear_wub

Fluffy hugs,
Lyn

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Marion
Victor is excellent - the faux fur is lovely
Interesting face and very lovely bear  :clap:  :clap:
:hug:
Anne

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Marion, he is very original..............bear? bear_grin
I browse your topic to see a hedgehog and found out you made a bear! He does looks like a hegehog to me too!!  :hug:  bear_grin  bear_thumb  Very cute one!

You have to make more!
My hubby often says my bears are ugly...(I leave this sin on him... bear_innocent ) sause they don't look like real bears. I don't urgue with him... just find a satisfied customer.  bear_wub

HUGGS, Julia

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Marion, I like him.  I guess maybe your fiance is more traditional?  But Victor is great, he's different, but not so different you don't know what he is, like say, pigmonkeybear,  I love his rhubarb Pie fur.....

(Synthetic is difficult to work with)

but it looks so good.  I think you were very smart to keep his face real mohair though, since the face is the heart of the personality....

I think you did a bang up job and I am so glad your customer is happy- building a reputation you are,

Congratulations.

dilu

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

He's just lovely!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I like him a lot Marion. He has a lot of character and his fur is great!

Board footer