Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hello! everyone. Here I am finally back,so many things have happened to me.... bear_sad and was going bannas. bear_wacko  didn't have internet,just got clearspot.LOL! I have missed everyone :hug: sending my hugs,missed our swaping,challenges,and chatting bear_grin I haven't been able to make my bears,so I have kept busy with what I have around until I am able to get mohair, I have made pinatas,cloth dolls,for my grandkids. But I know those I cannot post here.
I am sad though bear_cry  bear_sad Sorry! I just can't sleep and thinking and I feel I have to let this out. Its eating me inside... bear_sad
At the moment I am very worried about my friend. her rented home burned down last weekend to the ground.Thank God! nothing happened to them and her five children,sister and brother in law. I told her material things come and go and she will be fine. Any suggestions on how I can help her to stop  :cry:ing  bear_cry ing so much. Hugs  to all. :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

How sad for your friend and her house burning down. I don't know how to have your friend to stop crying. I think jus t being there for her and listening patiently when she needs to talk would be helpful. As time goes by, the sorrow wil fade. Right now her saddness is very raw.

is the Red Cross involved? They can help people getting services, starting with basic needs like food and shelter. Perhaps getting some of the businesses in the community to help with donating items to get her household basics started. Calling 211 and asking what are the community resources in the area that can help. In most communities just dialing 211, like 911, connects you to a person that can five all kinds of referrals to get help. If dialing 211 does not connect you to somebody than go to this link and type in your friends zip code and you will see the phone number to call.

http://www.211.org/

many prayers for your friend.  :hug:

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

I agree with Helen.  More than anything else, just be there for her.  Hugs, Coraleen

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

bear_flower Helen and Coralene thank you! for hearing me out. I am there for her. I feel  :dance:  She found a 3 bedroom rented home.  :dance: My family and I got her clothes for everyone,dishes, bag packs and some school supplies sheets, new towels and blankets. Inflated beds and We also upholstered a dining set. They have a roof over their heads and that makes her very happy and us too.
Tomarrow I am making a home welcome party for her so she can get what she needs for her kitchen. Red Cross helped her with rent money only for a month.The school with supplies she needed too. I was so...suprised  her niegbors and no one around her block offered her anything.
I didn't know her, we were passing by her street from our shop, when her neighbor whom is the landlord knows us followed us home around the block and as we came in our drive way he drove in and he told us if we could help his neighbor.We went to see. My heart broke,we did offer to help. and this is how I made her my new friend. She is a beautiful person with a beautiful family. :hug: s to both you are so....special in heart. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It's really nice to see you posting again, Mary . . . and with such a heartwarming story.  You have a very kind and generous heart and I'm sure your new friend is very appreciative of your efforts on her behalf.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

Hi Mary, I'm glad things are working out for your friend and I'm sure she thinks you are an angel in disguise.  Hugs  bear_thumb

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub Good to see you here again Mary, with such a heart wrenching story about your new friend.  I have never had a fire in my home or know of anyone that has, it must be totally devistating.  You are a great person for helping her to get some of the things she needed.  I am surprised that her own neighbors did not  help in some small way.  Things will get better with each day.  Life is what you make out of it, good or bad, that has been my motto for all my years and I teach it to my kids also.  So welcome back and hope to see you here often again.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You!  Coraleen bear_flower , for your thoughts. I noticed your from South Africa,my beautiful daughter in law is from South Africa she lives in Durban. My friend is  fine now and she will be better and I am too bear_thumb
SueAnn  bear_flower and Pat  bear_flower Thank you for your warm welcome! I feel so...happy that I am able to chat again in here,and see all the beautiful bears that have been made since I left by our awsome! bear artists as well as yours. I look forward toward challenges and swaps.
As soon as I get I chance I will be in here,so excuse me if I can't answer right away but I will. Since I have grandkids doing homework online or on facebook or my space you can imagine LOL!.I invited Johanna to be my friend in face book,I felt very proud she did.  I will never forget when she went to my table in the San Diego Show to see my bears bear_original and I sold 1 bear to a little girl on the last day.My husband would look around and he bought me 3 bears and my daughter layed away a bear from Sunny Bears and I had it delivered with surprise. I went around having a bear signed by the artists I still have him and all the ones I have made and would like to someday... my signed bear be autioned for a good cause :hug:s to everyone!

Board footer