Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

smcheabears Hampton, VA

Hello everyone  bear_original

I would like to know if anyone could give me advice on how to shade a bear's face to make it look realistic. More specific, what do I use to shade the fur???? Paint? Marker...? I have no clue... Someone help pleeez bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shannon, we have a wonderful library full of tips for all aspects of bearmaking.  It's located right above your post on the left.  It says "please select a category" and the one you want is 'shading'.  Hope you find something helpful there.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Shannon: Prisma colored pens are great and they don't fade. I would stay away from Copic markers for I understand they fade with time. Get a blender for the Prisma pens for it helps with blending the color into the fur.
also, besides Prisma, a fabulous brand to use for shading is Faber Castell artist pens. They have beautiful colors and of course they don't fade. They are made with India ink.

You can get Prisma and Faber Castell at any art supply store or on line. Some craft supply stores have them but they don't have the range of colors one would get at an art supply store.

Hope this helps.

Board footer