Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

EvilMcWeevil Felt Fascinated
Newcastle

IMG_0707.JPGIMG_0709.JPGIMG_0705.JPGI've been working on a cute little plush bunny with a felted face for a couple of days.  She's still a WIP but I'm so happy with her that I wanted to share her with you all bear_laugh

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Yep, you've got the knack! Fun, isn't it??!! Great work - how long have you been needling and how long did his face take you?
'She' looks entirely different once she's dressed...the face is much sweeter and has much more definition against the dress than against the body fabric.

EvilMcWeevil Felt Fascinated
Newcastle

Thanks so much bear_laugh 

I think the outfit definitely makes this bunny face pop.  I deliberately chose a fabric that was harmonious with the eye colour because I knew the fur colour would wash her out otherwise. She is waiting on eyelashes and some minor finishing touches that I hope will make a big difference to how she looks.  She now has a tiny felted 'dolly' that is made over a wire armature so its bendy.  I'll post photos of the two together when I'm finished bear_laugh

I've been felting since May this year.  Her face took me about 12 hours to felt.  I like my felting to be really firm so I tend to spend a fair amount of time on it.

The eyes are also my first attempt at hand painting German glass clear eyes.  They took about ten minutes. LOL.

Board footer