Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Hi everyone

Could anyone tell me the approximate cost of sending a bear to the US from England?  Also, is there anything special I have to do at the post office, such as filling in customs forms?

Thanks!

Helen

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

the postage all changed about a month ago so it might be as well to go in an che If you take you bear in the box you are sending it in and the wrapping seperatley, they will way it all together for yo and give you a quote for you to tell your customer a lot depends on how much insurence you want. Dont forget international signed for mail or parcels are only trackable untill they leave the UK. I use this international sign for and havent had any problems.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

If you go to the post office website you can put the weight of the parcel in, where you are sending it, how you want it sending eg.international signed for etc and it works it out. You will need a cn22 sticker (the post office gave me loads but they will get one for you when you are there). Stick this in the left hand top corner. Its for customs. I write 'teddy in gift box' then the lady at the post office writes the weight in, then the cost in sterling, and I tick the other box and sign and date the bottom of it. your address on the back. Thats it really. If you want to email me some details I can work it out for you as I have got a price sheet at home.

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Many thanks, Estelle and Amanda!

Helen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi Helen

here's a link to the Royal Mail website - you can check all postage costs worldwide here - hope it helps.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

Penny  bear_thumb

Board footer