Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Since the last thread I started brought so many old friends out of the woodwork, I'll try another! bear_original

My last topic was about the recent decline in the number of posts on Teddy Talk, so I guess it's natural that some people mentioned reasons why they don't like to post here, but whenever I'm grading student papers, I try to focus on the positive - things the student did well, and that I'd like for him or her to do again in the future. (This also cuts the amount of feedback in half, more or less, which makes it easier for teachers or site moderators to manage! bear_grin )

One of the things I value most about this site is its international membership. While our site sponsor, moderator, and webmaster are based in the US, we regularly hear from people all over the world, and I love learning from these different viewpoints. As a language educator, a traveler, and someone who is interested in being a world citizen (and not just a citizen of the US), this means a lot to me.

How about you? Do you come here for the bear-making tips and the library archives? Are you inspired by the creations that people post? Let's tell our site moderator some of the things we like most!

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

My main reason for coming to TT everyday is...bears, bears, bears and more bears!  :love:
I still want to keep up to date and see what everyone is making (even though my taste is very old-fashioned -ancient :D-); I also love seeing collector's hugs, but this section has been somewhat neglected.
But don't get me wrong: I read all the discussion (except for the technical ones) and if I think I have something valuable to add -rarely :lol:- I will do so.
I do miss the birthday wishes, card swaps and that kind of silly stuff though.  bear_sad

Conni Germany

I love to be here. I like the contacts with artists and collectors, the tips and many nice pictures.
I show my creations also with pleasure and am glad about comments!

The world is big and small however, thus.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

What I love is the teddybears and friends and the showcase. Next is tips an techniques - miniature - needlefelting.
In the old days you've got so much help from everyone. The sharing from others was unique.
I too miss the birthday wishes, it was so nice to read.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I love to see what everyone is making in Teddybears and Friends and the Showcase.  And I like to hear how people approach the same things in different ways.  And of course, when I am stuck, I go to the library!  But best of all, I love the international membership.  I've met some very wonderful people here!
Thank you, Becky for starting another great thread.  Peter, we always love hearing from you!  And thank you Conni and Birgitte for your nice comments!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What I like best is the general discussion area and the tips and techniques.  The reason being that there is on going discussion.  I have come to know many people from all over the world in these discussion areas.  That is the reason I still come here I think.  There is really no discussion on FB, there is a post and then people comment.  Here the discussion is continues, and it is the best way to really get to know others I think. 

I have learned very much in the technique area, again discussing what works what does not.  It really does help me to move along.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Originally my favourite area was the technique section, which has some excellent advice, but now I just wander by to see friends  bear_grin

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I too love the international repore that we have all over the world.  I learn many things about other places and have many pen pals because of it.  I love to see everyones bears and I love to see how Peter's hug keeps growing and he is such a wonderful person to chat with.  Everyone here on TT is wonderful and I have learned so much from it.  That is why I keep coming back.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

What I love is the general section, for all it's past squabbles, it was so diverse and there was always something to interest you or make you want to comment

SueAnn I love the library and have never failed to use it, even when not posting, it is awesome

Becky you are so right by focusing on the good the bad becomes less intrusive and good for you for bringing a few old faces back  bear_wub

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I love the international slant given to the most mundane topics. Just when you'd assume that everyone does something the same way, you forget that the same products aren't available in other parts of the world and other artists have come up with other solutions to achieve sort of similar results.

Or the different words used by other nationalities to describe the same techniques or products. And that an ordinary Tuesday or Saturday here in the US is a huge holiday somewhere else, and suddenly we now have a lighter 'vacation-sort-of' feeling as we go about that day.... after learning about the customs/foods/clothing/etc for that country's celebrating.

And as I said the other day, we are all totally ageless here: we can be great-grannies talking to high-schoolers but when we're 'talking Bears' we have no age and it doesn't even occur to us to think about that, unlike in the real world where ppl judge others based on their age & experience. Here we're all just  Kindred Spirits!

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK
rkr4cds wrote:

And as I said the other day, we are all totally ageless here: we can be great-grannies talking to high-schoolers but when we're 'talking Bears' we have no age and it doesn't even occur to us to think about that, unlike in the real world where ppl judge others based on their age & experience. Here we're all just  Kindred Spirits!

I have lost count of the number of times I thought an artist was about 32 and they were really 62............it's like beauty cream  bear_grin

I loved to see picture of shows

PS the more you think the more you remember what you liked xxx

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I love to see all the new creations, I love the tips&techniques section and the library that gave me so much help and inspiration. And I love the very 'friendly' feeling that even if we are of such different ages, from so many countries, here we are just 'teddy bear lovers'!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am someone who came out of the woodwork..I like the ageless thing too...that though I am a Nana and been round the block a fair few times I can still learn from and chat to people much younger, who have sometimes more, sometimes less experience than me.
I like the general section... And the showcase and techniques. I am naughty about visiting the newbie section ...not that I'm ignorant I just tend to look at the General posts, then the techniques and then look at new bears on show. By that time my allotted time is up!
I am thrilled to see  lots of new and some old faces on TT ...

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original I stop by every day just to check out what is going on and who has done what etc. It is sad to see that things are not so active as they use to be. I would be the first to put my hand up and say that I do not really join in the discussions - not because I don't want to but I don't see the point if I haven't got anything constructive to say or be of help to someone and so on. Anyway, that's my little bit of input  bear_original
PS....I'm joining the young at heart and ageless group   bear_grin

Board footer