Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Little Nan Posts: 233

Hi everyone !
I wonder if any of you can recommend a good stuffing tool please .
I've been using one that hubby made me but I think I need a more efficient one really ( don't tell hub though! ) bless him he did his best!
Thanks all !
Nan xx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Chopstick ;o)

Katy,
Yes I've read that many people seem to use those!
I'll have to give it a try !
Thank you x

daria_cher Minimishki
Moscow

Yup, a wooden chopstick is my weapon of choice too:) It's one of those "disposable" ones that are stuck together at the top. I find the top end is good for bigger bears and the pointy end good for smaller ones.
x

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There is something called the ultimate stuffing tool. Check it Out in the library all the details are there

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I can't stuff a bear without my hemostats/forceps. You can grab the stuffing with them and direct it to exactly the right spot.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I also use my pliers, the small ones. I can grab the stuffing and push it exactly where I want!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

These are what I use ... the largest one is a teddy bear stuffing tool, available from most good bear making suppliers and the smaller tool is a Barbara Wills doll stuffing tool.  I use the smaller tool for all my bears, sizes 8" to 25".

1347353669_stuffingtools.jpg

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Like Paula, I use my fingers and occasionally a chopstick, but I ALWAYS use my Barbara Wills stuffing fork.  I actually have two sizes of her doll stuffing forks--the regular blue and white one that Paula posted above and also a smaller one.  The regular blue and white one is the one I always reach for when the stuffing comes out, but the small one is handy for small, tight spots.

Ooh, lots to think of there folks !
I'll start the search right now !

Thank you everyone
Nan bear_thumb

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub guess I will ad my 2 cents, I took a fondue fork with the long handle and broke off the tips with pliers and it has enough roughness to grab that stuffing and stuff.  I got the fondue forks at a garage sale so I have a set of 6 to use in all different locations of the house.  Hope this helps
Hugs pat bear_flower

Crystal84 World Of Mine
Sydney

Can I be the unconventional one and say when I need a specific size tool I send the kids out the back to find me a stick? I have a small stash of smooth sticks that i snap the ends off so they are jagged which grabs the stuffing. I usually use Gum tree twigs cos they have smooth bark which doesnt snag the stuffing. Chop sticks are good some times, or the wrong end of a crochet hook. A pen can be useful too. OK, so i just use what ever is closest that fits in the hole!

What an innovative lot you are !
Afraid I've been boringly conventional ! Nevertheless you can all be sure I'll be giving a lot of these a try... however think I may have a problem with twigs from a gum tree !! Brilliant ! :D
I have to say I have had problems with locating the Ultimate Stuffing Tool, seems the site doesn't exist ?
Anyone found the same thing ?
Nan

Found The Ultimate Stuffing tool ! Site does exist and Donna kindly emailed me !

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I used a 10" long straight mattress needle and cut the eye off 1/2 way up , much like the fondue fork idea except it is smaller for smaller bears.  I then glued a fondue fork handle (or any wooden knob with a hole drilled in the center) over the pointy end of the needle.  The mattress needles were 2 for $5 at the craft store and the fondue forks were 4/$1 at the Dollar store.   It looks very much like the small Stuffing Fork that Paula showed above.

I  also use cotter pin turners too for stuffing bear_original

Hi Tammy,
Another imaginative girl ! Thank you, another avenue to explore !:rose:
Hugs Nan

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

1347544679_stuffingtool.jpg

This is my favorite stuffing tool for small bears. It is nice to hold and reach small spots.

Berta

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am with karenus,  I use hemostats. The stuffing never slips away from me.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Am I the only one that uses a plain wooden stuffing tool with T-shaped handle, wigshaped at the end, for stuffing with polyfil? Easy to work with and to force the stuffing material into the bear because of the T-shaped handle.
I only use the metal stuffing tool, forkshaped at the end, when stuffing a bear with woodwool / excelsior.

Marianne

Thank you Berta , Joanne and Marianne for your tips, they are all duly noted !!
Hugs, Nan

Board footer