Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

OK,
I didn't enter the TOBYs this year but if I remember right the winners were supposed to be announced at the TBAI Show in August. Did they change that date? It seems very odd we would have no artists claiming a TOBY win or at least a report, here, on TT? bear_ermm
Karen

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am sure I have seen a few...Shelley the Rabbit Maker has one I am sure.....I might be wrong but I think Katherine Hallam has one too ( Katie Rae Bears)

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

hey Karen - I didn't enter either, but they did post the list very quickly on the TB&F FB page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =1&theater

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Thanks! kellydean

Could they be more subtle bear_ermm Even the page is a dingy yellow. Miss the excitement. Remember the great formal dinners and fun stuff? OK, enough, this is dating me  bear_rolleyes
Karen

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Karen, I won two!! Whoo hoo!  I remember when tt used to be a place to celebrate wins, but it does not seem to be like that so much anymore.  So I kept it on the downlow here.  But I did shout it loud on the top of my fb page.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Joanne!
Let everyone know! You worked hard and you do wonderful work! Everyone who matters will be happy for you and they'll want to see your winners. And those who are not, are not worth your thoughts bear_happy
CoNGraTS!
Karen

warwickshire uk
Website

It's a real shame that it has gone this way. I remember all the big reveal of the entries upon here after the closing dates of both the Tobies and the Golden Teddies and then the hoop-la of the winning phone calls and emails...people posting the news when they heard. It's all changed sadly..and there are few truly great competitions to enter. That said the new Excellence in Bear Artistry Awards for artists worldwide might be a great new goal to aim at ...there is even a gala dinner to announce the awards at the Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event...not in the USA I realise but with a very credible and prestigious international judging panel and a fantastic format I think it will be one to watching the future. Certainly this year it has attracted some fabulous entries and hopefully will be something to shout about. I am very enthused by this and think we need more like it.

KatieRaeBears Katie Rae Bears
sheffield
Website

Yes I won yeah!!! with 'Pudding'  It is my first "Peoples Choice" and I was so excited I could hardly breath!!

The Toby award Ceremony was at TBAI and it was done really well with all the nominees getting flowers and the announcements were done on a big screen, the awards breakfast was well attended so there was a great atmosphere. I think that Facebook has taken a lot of people off here and like Joanne I too announced it on my FB page
I also think that the official announcement will be made in the next issue of Teddy Bear & Friends.

The girls from TB & Friends did a great job and took lots of photos of happy winners!!!

I think it is a shame that more people are not shouting about things on here but I have noticed  how little traffic there seems to be maybe we should all try and get it going again.

I am an Artist of the 90s (showing my age there) so I am very passionate about keeping the BIG competitions going and love all the razzmatazz!! of the awards ceremony so yes Jenny I have to agree that the new "Excellence in Bear Artistry Awards" will be up there in the list of Prestigious awards to aspire to.  We now have an International Award in the UK to be proud of.

Hugs
Katherine x
1348132960_pudding_peoples_choicepdf.jpg

Bloomsburg, PA

A gala award dinner would be wonderful, wouldn't it.  Congratulations Katherine, Pudding is marvelous.  I can not help but to smile anytime I look at one of your bears happy faces.

Here are my two Oatman and Alpine.  Oatman has done very well for himself and also won an URSA last year.
1348149553_oatman.full_337x450.jpg1348149586_alpine2.300dpi_346x450.jpg

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Yes I did win the 'Public Choice Award' too and I was thrilled.  I did post on FB but I wasn't sure of posting on here,as I wasn't sure how much interest the competitions still hold for people.

I actually found out from Katie Hallam and then a 'congratulations' from the advertising department !! I never received an official 'you've won' email which would have been nice.

I like entering  competitions as they always challenge me, and I like to think it keeps the industry interesting. Congratulations to everyone else who won too.

Anyway here's 'Finery and Finesse'.

1348153839_the-rabbit-maker-tobyttwm_copy_copy.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Huge congratulations to you ladies - Shelly, Katherine, and Joanne - for your outstanding work!  Krista Griffiths is another TTer who won a People's Choice Award.  Yippee!  A decade+ years ago when I was entering the Toby and Golden Teddy contests, there were award dinners and it felt much like being at the Oscar movie award shindigs.  Lots of anticipation and excitement.  Guess we have to move along with time and the changes that come with it . . . much to my dismay.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Congratulations to everyone--very much deserved awards and nominations! bear_thumb Sorry to hear of the lack of celebration this time; that's a shame.

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Congrats to you all  bear_thumb

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Congratulations to you all, they are stunning  bear_wub

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Oh, such beautiful creations! You must be all proud of them. I love to see those fantastic pieces winning well deserved prizes, you mustn't be shy of it. I think TT is the perfect place to share such achievements.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Congratulations! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you all for posting you winning pics here.  I don't do Facebook (yet, anyway!) and so I would have missed these.  They are all wonderful and truly winners!  Joanne, I have to say that the first time I saw Oatman, I fell in love and the affair is still going strong - he is one of my very favorite bears!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Congrats to all! I do remember the excitement of 'the phone calls from Mindy!
Do they still give you the announcement that way or is it via an email?
Katie mentioned that "an email would have been nice" - agreed, because it's a physical 'something' one could actually frame if you'd like!, or put into your memory book.
The advertising dept. call very quickly follows the official contact; to cash in on one's excitement and to give stats on how many ppl are going to view the nominated works in the issue to be on view in the such-&-such issue, ready for the "XXwhichever" show.
Clever marketing!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

bear_flower Fab winners, so well deserved!  I think it's really important to shout out loud and proud about these achievements to let collectors know there is still amazing work being created and honoured. bear_thumb

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Hi Can any of the other 'Public Choice Winners' tell me if there is a trophy for the award and if so have they received it yet ? Thanks.

warwickshire uk
Website

Yes they do send an award out..I call it my 'big glass iron '. ...it took quite some time to arrive. I don't know about this year though...

Bloomsburg, PA

I do not know.  I would imagine so, since there was one for the Industry'y Choice.  I have not received anything though.  For some reason I think it took a long while last year.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Congratulations all!  Fab-u-lous!!!

Board footer