Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Just throwing this out there for pointless fun....
Of all the bears in your hug, which one is your absolute favorite?

It was hard for me to choose, and I'd never tell my bears I'd picked a favorite (I'd have one bear with a very swelled head, and 299 jealous bears very put out with me), but I have to go with this guy simply because I find that smile irresistable-
Dgrizz25.jpg
He's the Discovery Channel (store)  "Yuki" grizzly bear made by commonwealth (1999) I own 14 of these guys now, because a dozen just isn't enough ^.^

So.....quid pro quo-  show us a picture of YOUR most favorite ted!

Miser Miser Bears

Ooo he's gorgeous!

If I had to pick one, It would be my grumpy Sandbear. He's a Gund and very cuddly. He isnt an expensive designer bear or anything but he rules the roost in my little bear community  bear_grin

1348521634_bear_window_small.jpg

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

A favorite? You must be kidding.....How can one choose?
Big Bear, because it was given to me after my son was born, returned to me 19 years later when that son left home.
Panda because that is what I knick-named my boyfriend (now my hubby)
John because that was a previous boyfriend, given to me as a 16th birthday present
St. Regis (my own creation) because he went through surgery with me
Bo-Bo, Jefferson, Hiker, Ko, Patch, because I won them in the Animals Asia Auction
Patches, rattle, purple, because my daughter spent her money and bought them for me.
Patty, because she was given to me after my girlfriend was killed
Radar, my rescued bear that I re-finished, looks like a bear I had when I was a kid....

So hard to pick out one...............my favorite, well, Ginger goes with me when I travel by myself because he is small enough to fit wherever, cuddly, soft, and fits over my eyes when I sleep.... :D

Pandamac

Copi Khatz Creations Copi Khatz Creations
Worcester

Definitely my bear Igor, given to me the Christmas after my father died.  I brought him with me when I immigrated to the UK.  He has been around the world a few times.  I have other interesting bears in my collection, and they all have stories, but Igor has the most sentimental value.   bear_original

@Miser-  Sandbear looks so wistful sitting there by the window.....Perhapse waiting patiently for his beloved owner to return? bear_original  I love Gund bears too, especially the wonderful work they did back in the 90's.

@Pandamac-  I know how you feel. I do love all of my bears beyond measure, and it was difficult to even say the "f" word, but it's undeniable that there are a few bears that I gravitate to more than the others. I think Yuki in particular, because though I have quite a few bears with fully detailed mouths (I adore a full set of bear teeth!) he is the only one who is stuffed softly enough to really cuddle with.

@Copi Khatz- Bears do contain a peice of the person who gives them. It's a story I'll tell another time, but when my best friend died of cancer, of all the valuable things he left to me, his favorite teddy is by far the most important to me.....sometimes I have something to say to this bear, and it's as if Abe is still here listening.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

We don't really have an accurate count of our Bears but we know that there are at least 1,000 of them.

On a couple of occasions, we tried to count them but never got all the way through.

We told them to count off, one by one, and 1,000 little paws went up into the air and they all shouted, "ONE!"   bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have a favorite. I bought this bear a few years ago on ebay.  She had no eyes, I added some shoe buttons.  No one wanted her, she was the seller's mothers.  She knew nothing about her, and neither do I.  She is not a handmade bear, but her dress is.  If anyone recognizes her I would love to know more.
She has the kindest face, it was love at first sight, she will always be with me now.

1348674133_white_bear_001_338x450.jpg

@Us bears....teddies are mischevious sometimes. I haven't been able to get an accurate count because mine like to trade places to throw me off ;)

@desertmountainbear.... She's an honest, "take me as I am" kind of bear. I have more than a few like her in my hug- i got them for next to nothing because no one else wanted them, but they are priceless to me simply because they are mine ^.^

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

bear_wub A favourite?? ALL OF THEM  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Fairybear wrote:

bear_wub A favourite?? ALL OF THEM  bear_wub

Absolutely, Leanne!  I agree with you 100%, but there are always some that have a special meaning or that remind you of some special person or occasion.

This big chap and his little friend ("Piccadilly" & "Twinkle", both made by Marilyn Lambert - Barling Bears) were the two first bears I adopted from Marilyn.  The adoption didn't go very smoothly, because it was just before Christmas time and it was the first time Marilyn's bears were to travel overseas.
But these two bears really got me addicted to artist bears and were the first in a long line of Barling Bears to join my hug.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

1349278250_piccadilly_amp_twinkle13.jpg

RuthM New York State

Hi. Just thought I would mention that my favorite bear is the one I bought from a store when I was 6 years old. His name is Ben. I don't have a picture of him to share, but I still have him and probably always will. I have a lot of bears I collect though, so chosing my second favorite would be very hard. I guess I don't have a second favorite one. There are so many loveable bears. bear_flower

LitWit Posts: 298
BlackmoonBear wrote:

(...)I have to go with this guy simply because I find that smile irresistable-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ … rizz25.jpg
He's the Discovery Channel (store)  "Yuki" grizzly bear made by commonwealth (1999) I own 14 of these guys now, because a dozen just isn't enough ^.^

Oh, I've seen that fellow! I was really close to buying him once on ebay, but I can't find him listed now. :(

My current favorite (other than the incomparable Stearnsy bear ;), is an old handmade mink bear that I bought secondhand and refurbished. He's about 20 inches, with a sort of flat body and straight, unjointed limbs. He smelled awful when I first got him(goodness only knows here he'd been!), so I took out all of the original stuffing and aired him out. Then I modified the shape of his head a little, to cut down on its excess bulk and give him a nice pointy, perky snout, and restuffed him (much more softly) with wool. It's funny, but I didn't really take to him at first and now I'm just heartbroken because his fur is starting to develope lots of small holes in the seams of the pelts.  bear_cry He's so deliciously soft and snuggly.

@Litwit...I'm so sorry to hear that :(
One of the reasons I won't make bears from fur is that since it's impossible to tan the hide of a fur pelt the way leather is done, it is very poorly preserved, and will eventually dry up and become prone to ripping and cracking.
best thing you can do for him (even if the poor guy protests) is to put him in a display box or cabinet, and avoid handling him as much as possible....an occasional pet is okay, but picking him up and handling him will hasten the disintegration.

@Peterbear...Piccadilly looks absolutely decadent! I love dense feathered mohair ^__^

My bears are jealous- this far south there is no snow for them to play in.

Board footer