Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Hi,

I made a few Bears, which I think are really cute, but they been sitting around for month and month, they just dont sell.
What are you doing with your "Shelfsitters"??
I am not a Bear Collector, but I love making them, it is soo relaxing for me after a hard days of work.

http://www.myblackforestbears.com

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Rita made a new word
"Shelfsitters" :cool:

I didn't start selling my bears on
net or store yet so can't answer yet
but I think I'll keep all my "Shelfsitters" at home
because I love to correct bears even the
one I made. bear_tongue only thing is I might need more
shelf for them!?

I wonder how your adorable bear can be
"Shelfsitters" ...... 
It Maybe this season *summer coming* is
slowing down the bear corrector ?

Bear Hugs/Marie

Largo,Florida

Yes, it is reeeally slow right now, even in my Store it is slow.
It is School Vacation for the kids and, I guess, Parents dont have that much money to spend on collectibles right now

Rita

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Rita,

When I  have a bear that is not a hit, I do as Marie suggested; I take another look at them and see what, if anything I can do to improve them.  Sometimes they need their ears adjusted or some accent color added to their faces or paws, or a new ribbon or embellishment.  Not too long ago, I ended up removing a sculpted face from one of my bears and replacing it with a fur one...it sold right away. bear_original

Largo,Florida

Laure,

Your Bears are always a Hit, I wish mine would look half as good.
The Golly you made with the red sculpted mouth, did you stuffed it and then sewed it onto the face?
Rita

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Thank you for your kind comments, Rita.  I wish I could honestly say they always fly off the shelves, but it's not always so. bear_rolleyes The red golly mouth was made of two flat pieces, sewn onto the face part-way and then stuffed and finished.

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Hi all,

I think it is because we put so much of ourselves into our creations that we just hate to give up on them. I know I do.  My approach is very much like Laure's.  When I have a bear that has gone to several shows and doesn't "catch on" for some reason, I will often redo it in someway.  And very often it will be the first to go at my next show!  Because a lot of my bears are dressed -- I might redress them or "tweak" them in some way.  This year I did my most extreme "tweaking" ever on one poor bear -- I beheaded him!  I had tried a new style and it just didn't seem to be working.  A new head worked well and the bear sold right away.  Now the strangest thing -- I just fished the old head out of my odd-parts box and I think I know what was wrong.  I had the head on one of my very slim fashion-type bodies and I think he needed to be on a chunky, short body --it was a case of miss-matched body parts.  I have enough mohair to try again and maybe the poor head will like his new body.  Do I sound a little like "Dr. Frankenstein"?

Hugs, Donna

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

OHHHHH Yah!!!! I must say when I get into a slump the bears look like street kids! Poor guys. Price goes down and I hope to sell them cheap at trade shows.

Hugs Louise

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I had a bear that didn't sell, so I changed the ribbon and it sold right away! Sometimes, my taste is not the buyers taste! bear_tongue

Board footer