Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website
desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I really like his nose also.  He is an adorable bear.  His fur is gorgeous.

I go through times too when I get to a point on a bear and I hesitate to go on.  I think of a million other things I need to do first, like cleaning, and cooking.  I have been making bears for a long time, so this is something you will need to get used to I guess.

I can tell you though that you have to go on, get the nerve, and take risks.  That is how you advance and learn.  I have messed bears up, and I have learned then how to fix them.  I have only ever lost one bear, but that bear is still with me. When I need to work out a new technique I work it out on him.  So he was not a true loss.

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

Thank you bear_original

I always end up getting to the "making" of the bear, eg putting it's eyes/ears/ nose in place and suddenly get really unsure of myself and the decisions. I guess because it feels so permanent and I really want them to look nice etc.

You're so right, but it's so hard to remember that when you're working on a bear that everything you do is learning and it's OK to make mistakes - because then you can learn from them! Hopefully one day I'll learn that bear_original

And that is a great tip, if I ever end up with a bear "past saving" I will keep it, so that it can help with learning new techniques bear_original

Board footer