Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Miser Miser Bears

Hey everybody! It gets dark pretty early now (4.30pm) and there just arnt enough hours in the day to sew my teds! Ive tried putting all the lights on in the room, and a lamp on the table, but my eyes still strain. I dont use a sewing machine so everything has to be done by hand.

Do you have any suggestions for good lighting? Thankees

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather, have you ever tried Ott lights?  They are supposed to mimic natural lighting.  Also, you might try the natural daylight florescent bulbs in all your lamps and ceiling lights.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

my sewing shop is in my garage, which has flourescent tube lights....there are now fluorescent tube bulbs in a variety of  "spectrums" including natural daylight....i have these, and they are very easy on the eyes.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I used to have a SAD lamp..which works great for a working lamp too.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use a free standing Ott lamp.  The arm bends.  I bend it all the way down till it is almost on my lap.  I have found nothing better.  I would think that any work type lamp with a bending arm would work, so you can direct the light.  Even with florescent bulbs it still gets a little warm sometimes, so if you do get something like that be aware of the bulb type, something with a halogen bulb would be awful.

marcie Posts: 20
Miser wrote:

Hey everybody! It gets dark pretty early now (4.30pm) and there just arnt enough hours in the day to sew my teds! Ive tried putting all the lights on in the room, and a lamp on the table, but my eyes still strain. I dont use a sewing machine so everything has to be done by hand.

Do you have any suggestions for good lighting? Thankees

hi heather, sorry, no light suggestions, do I really really have to have a sewing machine?
  bear_cry marcie x

Board footer