Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

new-ted.jpgThis is my first from a new design.  Although he reminds me a bit of Winnie the Pooh, this wasnt what I intended.  My "inspiration" was Chiltern's hugmee bears of the 1950's to 1960's (my favourites).

A friend has now asked me to make her a cat--a life size one, if you please!!!  I know nothing about designing cats--does anyone know where I can get a suitable pattern?

Helen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Your little bear is wonderful! Pooh is an adorable bear, and this little one has some characteristics of Pooh. I think it is the chubby little body and sweet little face you have created! Great job! I am sorry I can't help out with the kitty  cat pattern. bear_cry

Many Hugs Louise

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Arrrgggggghhhhhhh - not a life sized cat Helen !!!! See my posting in the general discussion forum today called 'Going quietly nuts' - be afraid be very afraid Helen  bear_shocked   bear_tongue

Penny - lovely bear by the way Helen  bear_wub   :hug:

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

I'm gonna read it now Penny.  I'm very afraid too!!! I understand teddy bears-----but cats?? 

Helen

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Helen,
Check out Lisa Pay's cat patterns.  I know of two that she has that look pretty good.  The one lying down (I think it is Sassy) should be life size or close to it.  I sell her patterns here in the US so if you don't find them locally, I can get one to you.
Donna

Pipa UK

good luck with your cat Helen !!! your bear is adorable!   bear_wub

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Donna------Sassy is just what I am looking for, although I'll use a different fur.  I have just managed to order a pattern!!  Many thanks for the advice.

Helen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Aww Helen - I like!!   I like a LOT!!!!  :dance:

I have a Chiltern Hugmee, and I can see where you're coming from - well done!!!  (My Chiltern is my favourite, but don't tell the others, they'll get jealous!!)

Good luck with the cat!!  bear_original

Board footer