Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

Does anyone sell in Etsy? I used to sell in Folksy, but have stopped as it went down hill. Just wondering- what your thoughts are about Etsy!   bear_original

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I never had any luck selling on Etsy.  I am thinking of going to BearPile.

Honeydotz Honeydotz
Metro Atlanta, GA

There are a lot of things I like about Etsy, such as the low listing cost, fair percentages, and the search engine... That being said, I don't know if too many people are looking for collectible mohair bears on Etsy.  Almost all of the searches that bring people to my shop have more to do with my dolls.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I think if you have a following already, or show the bear somewhere else and then send them over to etsy to make the transaction it is good.  I do a lot of shopping there, but I am sent there to shops from blogs or facebook, or forums.  It is good in that they handle the payment, all you do is ship.

Devon
Website

Thanks guys
I think I will give it a bit more thought  bear_original

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I have an Etsy shop but haven't had much luck there. bear_sad
I almost always sell through Bearpile, sometimes on e-bay.
I like Etsy though, it is easy to use, very well made, and fair about the costs. Give it a try, and see if it works for you!
Good luck! bear_flower

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

I've only had three bears listed on Etsy... and well... I sold them all! It wasn't super rapid selling, maybe 1-2 months? But then I only had two listed to start with and then wasn't doing any renewing or "marketing" stuff. You have to be fairly sharp when it comes to the tags you use for the listings etc to get the views.

bear_original

If you start up a shop there, post a link I'll follow your shop bear_original

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Hi Helen! I've been selling on Etsy since 2008. I seem to have better luck there than on Bearpile and they've made many improvements over the past few years. It does take some work, though, to market your bears. I use Facebook, a blog, and website. One thing I like about it is that you can view your stats and you get to see where the traffic comes from. You might want to give it a try  bear_original  bear_original

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

Hi Helen,

I have not had luck on Etsy either but I didn't try that hard. The collectors seem to be on Ebay and Bearpile.  I have sold a few things on Etsy in the past but my bears sell on BearPile and Ebay. I am currently putting together a e-mail list so I can just direct people to my website. I would like to get off of Ebay as the fees are so high.

Needle Arts Needle Arts by Valerie
Advance IN

I like etsy, they do a lot to help you run your bussness. I agree with Joanne, customers will go where you are. You may  get new ones by setting up there. They connect to facebook and Twitter so your new listing can be posted there right then. It takes time where ever you set up I believe.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love to brows the vintage stuff on Etsy...but I am sure people looking for bears don't head there. I think maybe Bearpile..and the showcase here is more likely to get a result. I have found Facebook to be by far the best way to build my customer base...takes work and commitment ..I post very day...but I have nearly 2000 fans now and have sold many bears to new customers. It's a great resource...
I haven't used Etsy ...or eBay in ages...so I am toying with an occasional auction...

Miser Miser Bears

I have tried etsy, and barely got any views, never mind sales! I usually sell on ebay, but it costs :s

Never tried bearpile, the monthly fee kinda put me off

Devon
Website

Thanks guys! I've been in bearpile for a while and love it, I also sell bears through Apple pie house. It was a suggestion from a friend who mentioned Etsy, so I thought I would ask. Now looking into, I don't think I need too.
But a big thank you
Hugs xx

Board footer