Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi All,
        When I bought my last lot of supplies I was given a dozen of these but I'm having problems deciding where to sew them on my bears, any thoughts?
Also this has lead me to wonder how do you "sign" your bears1368257099_image.jpg
They are half and inch big

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use wooden tags on the bears now.  They have a hole like this one you have for hanging.  I use a metal ring to attach them to a leather collar that I make.  I also sign the left foot.  I always have.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I like Joanne's idea of attaching a tag to a collar. I don't think I would sew this directly onto a bear.

My bears have a small sewn-in "tush tag" (in the back seam) for identification, and I include a separate certificate with the bear's photo and information.

Becky

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I accessorize all my bears with a little something that I hand sew from felt. With the same materials and coulors, I sew an identity card. This identity card also holds a piece of the animal fur. On it I write the animal name, his date of birth and my special signature.
These are a couple of pictures of one of my hedgehogs showing proudly his birth certificate! bear_original
1368300139_igor_igel_eff043.jpg1368300192_igor_igel_eff039.jpg

Conni Germany

bear_thumb Good idea!

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

I tag mine with a button on the bottom that has my name in, but I am finding it hard to get the buttons to make up. Like Joanne I have gone over to a wooden tag. I had a rubber stamp made up, with my name etc and I stamp each little disc and attach with thong. I also send them with a certificate.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Sheree, Just put in on with your hang tag. I have some of those too. I have ordered wooden  tags as well. Just waiting for them to come in. May do a little something more to the tags, just have to wait to see how they are when they come in.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

bear_tongue Francy-

I love your idea of making a "certificate/tag" out of the same materials that you use to make your hedgehogs!  Very original!

Teddy Bear Menagerie Teddy Bear Menagerie

Hello!

Just wondering where everyone gets the wooden tags made? Are they expensive?

I've also looked into finding a spot I can have a certificate, or little card made up that I can then write on, but still unsure. Any tips on spots you can get them made?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I got mine done from this etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/RobertoSand,  I was happy.  There are other places to get them also on etsy.  I would search there.

Board footer