Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'm going to be working with a shop later this year, and the owner and I agreed that the best way to display my bears would be with doll stands so that the bears are standing on a high shelf. (It's not a bear shop per se; There are all kinds of hand-made goods, from jewelry to ceramics, and we want to distinguish my bears from the  inexpensive toys and  "stuffies" in the children's section.)

Has anyone used doll stands to display bears? Do you have any tips regarding size or type? (The bears will be 14" tall.)

Thanks,
Becky

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Most doll stands are adjustable and can accommodate bears as long as the body  is not too rotund. I have used them and , especially on dressed bears , you can pretty much hide the stand under the clothes . Size wise you need to measure the bears height to under the arms which is where the stand needs to grip. Remember the bears are a bit heavier than dolls and so you need strong stands.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Jenny! Those are exactly the things I needed to know. bear_flower

Becky

Board footer