Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Little Nan Posts: 233

I wonder if anyone has any experience with posting to Singapore  ?
My worry is that on going through customs as it has steel shot in will it be picked up by scanners and such  ?
I have horrific visions of the bear being ripped open etc  !!   I'd be grateful of anyone's input  !
Nan

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have posted to Singapore many times.  There has never been an issue with items getting through customs. They have all gotten there safely.
ps:  I use metal bbs in their belly.

Oh thank you Joanne , that's very reassuring !  bear_wub

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

When I post outside of Europe I put a plastic vial with a sample of the stuffing and a short explanation for custom use as to what is inside the creation. I'm probably overcautious, but I'm always having nightmares of having a bear ripped open to see what is inside that suspicious bag in the belly..... bear_grin

Yes Francy that's exactly my fear too !
However they're all packed up now , so maybe I'll risk it ! Tremble !!
That's a thought for another time though , should I need it !
Thank you Francy !   bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have never had a bear ripped open, and I have posted many times outside the US.  I do enclose what I call travel papers, and in that envelope is a list of what the bear is made of and stuffed with. I would think that they probably have x-ray machines just like at airports now.

Yes Joanne I'm sure they have and that's what I'm worried about , a bit late now though !
However a lesson learned for next time , should there be one  ! Taken all the advice though so am prepared now !
Thank you !  bear_wub

Board footer