Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

This is Butterscotch. He is a modeled after a Kermode "Spirit" bear and is the first realistic bear I have made. He is quite large sitting more than 21 inches and standing more than 30 inches tall. His body is made from cream/white faux fur while his face, feet and paw pads are needle felted. His nose and feet pads are sealed and hand shaded and painted. He has German black glass eyes, hand-made leather claws and 6 joints with a double neck joint. I built this pattern from scratch and have some minor shape changes that I want to make but am very happy with how he turned out for the most part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I know most of you have much more experience at bear making than I do, especially when it comes to original patterns.

1366549484_bs_3.jpg
1366549512_bs_2.jpg
1366549536_bs_4.jpg
1366549564_bs_5.jpg
1366549590_bs_6.jpg
1366549623_bs_9.jpg
1366549662_bs_7.jpg

Zoundz Posts: 16

Awwwwwwrrrr! bear_laugh I am knocked over by the cuteness <3

Hoe do you attach the face to the head of it's needle felted? May be a dumb question (sorry!)

xx

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

so cute and big!! love big bears:)

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website
Zoundz wrote:

Awwwwwwrrrr! bear_laugh I am knocked over by the cuteness <3

Hoe do you attach the face to the head of it's needle felted? May be a dumb question (sorry!)

xx

Thank you so much!! There are never dumb questions  :)

I am not sure if other needle felters do it this way, but this is how I do it:  I trim the fur almost down to the backing in the center of the face and then needle felt right into the material. The wool will adhere and felt with the wool and stuffing on the inside of the head, hands and feet.

Zoundz Posts: 16

Thank you for that - I'm not great at needlefelting, I don't think I do it *enough* everything seems much looser than some of the stuff I've seen here! :)

xx

annalong MadebyAnna

Great Job. Such expression!

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Hi

I think he is absolutely gorgeous and such an endearing expression  :thumbsup:
I wouldn't change anything about him!  :love:

Hugs

Lisa x

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban