Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Kilde Posts: 186

My daughter says her biggest wish for Christmas is a Bichon Frisé "bear" and of course she expects me to be able to make her one......Since she is my biggest (and only!  bear_tongue ) fan when it comes to bear making, I haven't found the courage to tell her that I might not be able to make her one  :redface: She is only 9 years old and thinks I can do ANYTHING and I would love to stay up on my pedestal until she reaches her teens and by then thinks I'm an idiot no matter what I do!   :crackup:

I don't make my own patterns yet - I'm working on a bear pattern but its my first and I think starting out with a dog pattern would be too difficult.

I have searched the Internet for Bichon-patterns but all I can find is a poodle pattern - and a poodle is not a Bichon even though most people ask when we walk our Bichon pup, Amy, if she is a poodle with an alternative hair cut!  bear_wacko

Does anyone know where I can find a Bichon-pattern?

K Pawz Guest

HI Tina, there are no bichon patterns that I know of, but Lisa Pay makes a great poodle pattern that you might be able to adapt into a bichon....some alternatives you could do would be to make the center head gusset out of a curly kid mohair that could be brushed a la bichon, and use a straigher mohair for the muzzle that could then be trimmed like a bichon. you could change the tail design as well although I can't remember if they are different or not....the poodle pattern is more than likely the basic shape you need, but you can make it look like a totally different dog just by the use of different fabrics. Hope this helps.

Hugs,
Krista

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:crackup:  :crackup:
Oh Krista I suggested the same pattern to her on another site.  Great minds think alike.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Tina
Marilyn Jenson of Springtime Designs has in the past sold dog patterns and she has a Bichon Frise on her web site now.

You might e-mail her to see about her pattern and if you can buy it. Here is her e-mail
springtime@zianet.com
Hope this helps
Hugs
Gail
http://www.zianet.com/springtime/index.html  Her web site url

Thanks  bear_thumb

I will contact Marilyn Jenson, Gail - maybe she has a pattern she would sell me....The bichon on her site is so cute and exactly what I am looking for. If not, I will buy the Sugar pattern from Lisa Pay (a poodle) and see if i can change it. A Bichon has a shorter muzzle and body than a poodle and the tail is different too but apart from that they are very much alike.

Now I know what to do the next couple of months!  bear_grin  bear_tongue

I wrote Marilyn Jensen and she replied that she doesn't sell the pattern..... bear_cry  bear_cry So i guess I will have to try to alter the poodle pattern.....wish me luck so that the poor poodle doesn't end up looking like a Yeti or something like that instead of a Bichon ....  bear_wacko  bear_grin

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I am sure you will do fine.

Jmnichol Winnipeg, MB

I lost my Yorkie a month ago and am looking for a pattern to make one out of mohair. Can anyone please help me find one. She was a Baby Doll yorkie and always looked like a puppy. Miss her terribly. Thanks

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Robert Zacker has a westie pattern that can be used to make a yorkie.  I'll see if I can find a link.
I'm sorry you lost your fur baby.
Donna

Sallyanne Sally Anne Bears
Lincoln
Website

Jmnichol...I think you might find a yorkie pattern in Noble Fabrics e-bay shop. I'm not sure about a Bichon pattern but might be worth checking in the same shop Kilde...I hope you both manage to find the patterns you're looking for!

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

So Sorry for your loss! Here's a cute one I found on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mohair-Bear-Yor … 0532135340

idahands Posts: 4

Have you tried Lisa Pay at Pedigrees Royal? This might be close: http://www.pedigreesroyal.com/images/pa … ribble.jpg

idahands Posts: 4

You might be able to modify him.

Board footer