Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BrandiNett Posts: 3

Hi there.

I am writing today because a very important teddy bear for my job has been lost into the ether, and I don't know what kind of a bear it is to try and either find a replacement or request someone make a replacement.

Have you seen this bear? Do you know anything about this style of bear that I might be able to better search for a replacement?

1379006695_unknown_teddy.jpg

Please, I have scoured the internet and cannot find this bear... I am desperate and feel lost without my bear!

bear_sad

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Your bear looks like the type that is manufactured in large numbers and sold at gift shops, flower shops, and even grocery stores. I think it would be very difficult to figure out who made it or to find another bear exactly like it.

Sometimes bears can't be replaced, but there are many more bears out there in need of a good person.

Becky

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

It looks a lot like this TY classic plush - Lacey the bear, would it be close enough?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VY8912/ref … nkCode=asn

Conni Germany

On eBay also give this bear!
TY Classic Plush - LACEY the Bear

Taylor Lincolnshire

Some of the GUND bears on eBay look quite similar.
Hope you find him or his twin soon bear_flower

Thank you all for the responses - and for the links!

Seems like those teddies might be close, but it's up to my boss to make the final call.

Can anyone tell me about the technical aspects of the missing bear?

- What kind of fabric does it seem to be made out of?
- What would you call the muzzle and feet bottoms, since they are a different fabric than the rest of the bear?
- What kind of a smile would you call that?
- What kind of a nose does the bear have, and what is the technical term for it?

You guys are seriously SUPER amazing. Thank you SO SO much for everything so far!!!

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale
dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I don't know a term for the plush fabric (maybe "stringy"?), but the contrasting muzzle and feet might be called a synthetic cashmere type fabric. The nose is an embroidered nose.

Becky

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

One company calls the material Razzle, another Silky Furry Fleece. JoAnn fabric carries it, as does Hancock

Ellen

Thanks guys!

I also reached out to TY and asked them if it was one of theirs, and they said no. But at least I know where not to look now.

bear_original

Board footer